Astana-Kloden-Bruyneel-Contador the future

Powerful Pete said:
Yup. They have decided to get serious about their doping programme...
Bruyneel said to sportwereld.be that he will introduce a similar anti-doping programm as CSC has.

There is a strong rumour that Klöden will join the 'new' German Milram team. Stanga will leave Milram...

cyclingheroes said:
Bruyneel said to sportwereld.be that he will introduce a similar anti-doping programm as CSC has.

There is a strong rumour that Klöden will join the 'new' German Milram team. Stanga will leave Milram...
Internal team monitoring is a nonsense really. It needs to be done independently so riders are tested when they aren't expecting the controls. So the Hog will control the doping and the doping tests on Astana - how convenient.

Will Milram sign any other riders, as support for Kloden at the Tour? At present the seem to mainly have riders who can support Peta in the sprints.

Rolfrae said:
Internal team monitoring is a nonsense really. It needs to be done independently so riders are tested when they aren't expecting the controls. So the Hog will control the doping and the doping tests on Astana - how convenient.

Will Milram sign any other riders, as support for Kloden at the Tour? At present the seem to mainly have riders who can support Peta in the sprints.
Yep I also think its a joke...

I think they will sign a few riders for Klöden and I wouldn't be surprised if Stanga forms a new team and sign Peta & co for the new team. I know Stanga was negotiating with a few sponsors.

cyclingheroes said:
Will this be the first time that Klodi will go the Tour knowing that he will be the leader? He's always seemed like the German Hincapie to me, someone who was never willing to move to a team where he could maximize his personal chances for success.

cyclingheroes said:

hmmm... milram? and who make up the team behind the scenes?

Bro Deal said:
Will this be the first time that Klodi will go the Tour knowing that he will be the leader? He's always seemed like the German Hincapie to me, someone who was never willing to move to a team where he could maximize his personal chances for success.
i honestly think this was his year to take it all. in such top form, but then we all know all hell broke loose.

Klodifan said:
i honestly think this was his year to take it all. in such top form, but then we all know all hell broke loose.
He was never going to win it when he dropped back to help Vino and lost at least a minute plus. But that wasn't his fault.

Astana is turning more into Disco part 2

After Contador announced his signing with Astana for 2 yrs Leipheimer has now also signed a 2 year contract with Astana.

a quote from Leipheimer on cyclingnews
He added that he was looking forward to contesting the Tour de France with another strong team. "I've had a steady progression, and I got to the point this year where I feel like I can win the Tour," he said. "We'll go in next year like we did this year. We'll have a defending champion and another guy who can win it. You have to keep your options open, but it's better to have two guys who can win the Tour than just one."
That statement discounts Kloden.

I hope Klodi signs elsewhere.

I like this quote:

"The goal is clear. Kazakhstan hopes that by acquiring Discovery Channel to win next year's Tour de France, Danial Akhmetov, the head of the Kazakh Cycling Federation said on Wednesday. "We, the Astana team, must win the Tour de France next year. We will win. It's our main goal," Akhmetov told press agency Reuters."

We must win! We will win! With that kind of attitude, it's no wonder they brought in the dirtiest DS in cycling and his doping-linked Tour winner.

[size=-1]"After being asked whether Vinokourov's former team Astana, who exited the Tour under a cloud in July, would be invited, Prudhomme was adamant: "No team can hold its hand up and say it has its ticket for the Tour."

A shot across the bow of the good ship Bruyneel?
[/size]

earth_dweller said:
the world is right again, musette is back with her unabashed doe-like admiration of all things USPS/Disco especially Bruyneel.
I think you are on to something here. We have all been assuming that mssette was a love mad stalker of Lance Armstrong, but the truth has come out. It was always Bruyneel she was after.

Leafer said:
I like this quote:

"The goal is clear. Kazakhstan hopes that by acquiring Discovery Channel to win next year's Tour de France, Danial Akhmetov, the head of the Kazakh Cycling Federation said on Wednesday. "We, the Astana team, must win the Tour de France next year. We will win. It's our main goal," Akhmetov told press agency Reuters."

We must win! We will win! With that kind of attitude, it's no wonder they brought in the dirtiest DS in cycling and his doping-linked Tour winner.
Well winning the Tour de France would make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan.

"Kazakhstan greatest country in the world, All other countries are run by little girls. Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium, all other countries have inferior potassium. Kazakhstan home of Tinshein swimming pool, it’s length thirty meter and width six meter. Filtration system a marvel to behold. It remove 83 percent of human solid waste. Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place, From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown. Kazakhstan friend of all except Uzbekistan, They very nosey people with bone in their brain. Kazakhstan industry best in the world, we invented toffee and trouser belt. Kazakhstan's prostitutes cleanest in the region, except of course Turkmenistan's. Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place, From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown."