Astana Leaves Tour After Vinos Positive Test

wicklow200 said:
Oh my god! Such utter contempt not just for the race, but also for Kloeden - it really shows Vino's true colours.
Team Borat really was just an ego trip for Vino all along.
Yeah I really do feel so sorry for the other riders (and odly enough even for some forum posters like kloedenfan :p ) Anyway talk about things being bad for the tour.. this is bad for the tour :/

Bah bye to Andreas Kloden and his Paris podium appearance.

These men in black had no busines at the tour.

Neither did T-Mobile, CSC, Discovery, Robobank or Quick-Step.

Vinokourov made history. The first TDF drug bust since 1978 (Michel Pollentier)

Trajectum said:
Yeah I really do feel so sorry for the other riders (and odly enough even for some forum posters like kloedenfan :p ) Anyway talk about things being bad for the tour.. this is bad for the tour :/
I've been a big fan of the Astana team and could just punch Vino for this. It shouldn't be a surprise, the guy is and has been nothing but an individualist all along. I truly hope all of the other professional cyclists REFUSE to be on a team with Vino ever again. What he did to himself, who cares. What he's done to the rest of the guys on that team, to his country, and to cycling, that's unexcusable. Vino and Tyler Hamilton and the rest of the cheats can go to hell. Cycling either needs to fix this or just let them ALL cheat and be done with it.

I feel sorry for Kloden, but the writing was on the wall. Astana took up the remains of the most implicated team from the OP. Even for the casual observer of cycling, it was clear which team (rightfully) would get most scrutiny. Two riders of Astana were already implicated before the start. People discussed whether Astana should be allowed to start in the first place. And it was clear to him that he would have to work for Vino. Yes, I feel sorry for Kloden, but he went into this mess willingly. He shouldn't complain.

FriendlyFred said:
Cycling either needs to fix this or just let them ALL cheat and be done with it.
Finally, someone else who agrees with me. What is the point of this throwing darts indiscriminately and hitting the unlucky positive? Until they can fix it, let them dope and let us enjoy the races. After all, they'll finish faster and we can get back to work sooner.

As I posted a while back Vino is the one with the balls to dope during the tour and I think Kloden has been very careful since Kessler's demise.
What a week I have had and it ain't over yet!

Why does this suprise anybody.

Does anybody understand that 'losing 30 minutes' to 'queen stage winner' doesn't happen naturally?

Although I don't post much on here, in my cycling circle i've been naming vino as a cheat for years (umm...90's t-mobile veteran?). Kloden just as much. Did it surprise anybody AT ALL that when T-mobile said they were going to clamp down and do their own physio testing Kloden booked off and ran to a third world country team when he was a shoe in for leader at T-mob? People need to wake up.

tommyadrian5 said:
Why does this suprise anybody.

Does anybody understand that 'losing 30 minutes' to 'queen stage winner' doesn't happen naturally?

Although I don't post much on here, in my cycling circle i've been naming vino as a cheat for years (umm...90's t-mobile veteran?). Kloden just as much. Did it surprise anybody AT ALL that when T-mobile said they were going to clamp down and do their own physio testing Kloden booked off and ran to a third world country team when he was a shoe in for leader at T-mob? People need to wake up.
I don't recall anyone here claiming that Vino was clean. His history with T-Mobile and then with Liberty Seguros made it easy to connect the dots. It's more a surprise that he actually got caught.

For the last few years we have gotten used to doping scandals in the Vuelta. It seems like every year except 2006 there has been a high level rider busted, but the Tour has not been nearly as bad. Then we get Landis testing positive and now Vino. Vino's positive has happened at a very inconvenient time.

jhuskey said:
As I posted a while back Vino is the one with the balls to dope during the tour and I think Kloden has been very careful since Kessler's demise.

jhuskey,

Do you think T-Mobile pulls out of its sponsorship on the weekend?

jhuskey said:
Kloden has NOT won anything and has NEVER been subjected to any testing whatsoever.

Blood testing is not performed at the Tour. This Vino test was UCI Michele Ferrari payback.

Vino's idiotic L'Equipe doping comments re: Ras yesterday, really came back to bite him in the **** today.

ATM said:
Nope. Landis was busted AFTER the podium presentation and has NEVER been DQed. USADA still has not ruled on his steroids and confessed witness tampering.

Michel Pollentier is still correct. He was banned for 60 days.

Bernard Hinault would NEVER have won in 1978 without whizzinator help.

Doctor.House said:
Kloden has NOT won anything and has NEVER been subjected to any testing whatsoever.
okay... i'm going to bite on this...

I'm pretty sure Kloden got tested when he won Paris-Nice... and then again when he won the German national championship.

IH8LANCE said:
Finally, someone else who agrees with me. What is the point of this throwing darts indiscriminately and hitting the unlucky positive? Until they can fix it, let them dope and let us enjoy the races. After all, they'll finish faster and we can get back to work sooner.
That’s the same approach Football, Baseball and Basketball take.

Tubbs said:
okay... i'm going to bite on this...

I'm pretty sure Kloden got tested when he won Paris-Nice... and then again when he won the German national championship.
All the riders in the top fifty are subject to random out of competition controls. In addition all risk random tests during each stage.

Serafino said:
jhuskey,

Do you think T-Mobile pulls out of its sponsorship on the weekend?

I would guess the will pull out after the season ,maybe not this weekend.

DH: All I have ever posted is that Kloden was going to be careful this tour. I have not proclaimed anyone's innocence.
To be really hot your need pull out all the stops. Will you agree with this?

I meant that T-Mobile was to decide this weekend about ending after the 2007 season.