Astana to ride the Giro

Flathead

Feb 27, 2008
Team Astana will be riding the Giro: Apparently the tour sponsors want them........don`t ask for my source.

Wishful thinking - why on earth would Italian sponsors want a motley crew of Spanish/American/Khazak dopers in a race that prefers its winners (and dopers) to be homegrown?

micron said:
Wishful thinking - why on earth would Italian sponsors want a motley crew of Spanish/American/Khazak dopers in a race that prefers its winners (and dopers) to be homegrown?
Lira, molto lira

thunder said:
lire is the plural
Euros actually singular or plural......................................As to wishful thinking: keep your ears and your eyes open for you will know soon enough.

Flathead said:
Euros actually singular or plural......................................As to wishful thinking: keep your ears and your eyes open for you will know soon enough.
Euros is not singular.

Looks like DiLuca will not be the favorite any longer with the supreme team now invited (
party0022.gif
)

hawkeye87 said:
Looks like DiLuca will not be the favorite any longer with the supreme team now invited (
party0022.gif
)
not many sprinters, I think we will see Cav clean up.

Cav
Forster
Mcewen
Richeze
Zabel
Hondo
Loddo
Brown

no depth.

Mcewen will likely get a win in this case.

Alright. It is clear that this potential news was so profound, it took out this forum for the better part of this afternoon & evening.
confused0006.gif

this should make for some intresting riding, will we see all the italian riders and the likes of rujano and soler working together and making bold moves to try and break astana? otherwise we could see astana 1st 2nd 3rd

Has RCS shafted ASO ? At least with the announcement so late we won't get any ******** about Contador reconning the stages 6 months in advance... fark me ! Let Levi ride !

whiteboytrash said:
Has RCS shafted ASO ?
I don't think so. Their alliance was primarily about resisting the PT, which they successfully did, since it is dead. Astana is an attractive team from a sporting perspective and I don't think RCS has nearly the concerns about doping of ASO.

whiteboytrash said:
Has RCS shafted ASO ? At least with the announcement so late we won't get any ******** about Contador reconning the stages 6 months in advance... fark me ! Let Levi ride !
Is this too short notice for Levi and Alberto to get their blood bags to Italy? The 'new clean' cycling carries on as it always was.

Rolfrae said:
Is this too short notice for Levi and Alberto to get their blood bags to Italy? The 'new clean' cycling carries on as it always was.

Yeah Kloden is farked. He's going to finish Romandie then pull a pint of blood to be stored. He won't get out of bed for a week.... all be worth it after a refill during the Giro when Comtador, Levi & Kloden go 1st, 2nd & 3rd..... fark they might win every jersey going including every sprint bonus....

Wayne666 said:
I don't think so. Their alliance was primarily about resisting the PT, which they successfully did, since it is dead. Astana is an attractive team from a sporting perspective and I don't think RCS has nearly the concerns about doping of ASO.

I'd say Bruynsel got the Kzahagsdjhdjdhdhdjstan government to grease some palms..... million euros to get Astana into the Giro would not be out of the question.......

whiteboytrash said:
I'd say Bruynsel got the Kzahagsdjhdjdhdhdjstan government to grease some palms..... million euros to get Astana into the Giro would not be out of the question.......
Yes I would not be surprised either if money exchanged hands.

Wayne666 said:
Yes I would not be surprised either if money exchanged hands.
I was looking forward to the Giro but not so sure now. Was bad enough last two years when I was cheering on Gibo against ET, then the Killer ET, now he'll be up against a whole team of ETs!

Rolfrae said:
I was looking forward to the Giro but not so sure now. Was bad enough last two years when I was cheering on Gibo against ET, then the Killer ET, now he'll be up against a whole team of ETs!
Well, let us see how things go. If Astana totally dominate the race, then we know that JB hasn't lost his marbles yet. Moreover, it is not like the others are clean anyway...