Astana = Vino with Michele Ferrari

Doctor.House

Jun 14, 2007
To be clear. The Astana TDF effort is about Vino unless he abandons.

Ferrari built this machine, Astana paid for it and we will watch it run.

Andreas Kloden is an employee with few benefits.

Eddy Mazzoleni was called into the principals office for doping (Operation Athena) and Kessler is sacked for testosterone overdosing.

Doctor.House said:
To be clear. The Astana TDF effort is about Vino unless he abandons.

Ferrari built this machine, Astana paid for it and we will watch it run.

Andreas Kloden is an employee with few benefits.

Eddy Mazzoleni was caled to the principals office and Kessler is sacked.

yes, Klodi needs to be set free. hopefully tt will settle the score

Klodifan said:
yes, Klodi needs to be set free. hopefully tt will settle the score
I hope you are right. But---Astana adopted the Lance Pharmstrong USPO business model. Phamrstrong = US Nike marketplace

Astana is all for one machine (Vino/Ferrari)

They must live and die for that underwriting decision. Vino is famous in his country---Kloden is NOT.

Many silly fans actually believe that pro sports are open, honest and fair instead of positioned for maximum marketing results.

In case you missed it.

Astana = Vino's marketing brand effort

Kloeden is an foreign employee, a German worker bee.

Aside from the TTs, Koeden must pace Vino, all day long, each and ever day.

Vino will not abandon and Michele Ferrari will redouble his efforts.

Look for Vino to attack or die trying. (cardio breakdown)

Someone will die in a TDF very soon. No doubt about it.

You were so advised. Stay tuned.

Doctor.House said:

You're not a sniper, are you? :eek:

Doctor.House said:
In case you missed it.

In case you missed it.
Kloden did not stay back for Vino, he was up the front.
I would think the Astana had a rethink over the rest day and for them to have a chance of success they have given Klodi free reign.

Vino will battle on as you say, if his injury improves he would be garanteed to attack the field somewhere. Will he improve? yet to show any imrovement over the last few stages, so maybe not.

Astana's hold back of Kloden the other day could end up hurting him in the overall. What a shame if it does.

Doctor.House said:
In case you missed it.

Astana = Vino's marketing brand effort

Vino will not abandon and Michele Ferrari will redouble his efforts.

Look for Vino to attack or die trying. (cardio breakdown)

A German worker bee huh? Ooops. He didn't pace Vino yesterday.

I guess you were wrong on the drugs too....

Kloden is astana's man now no doubt about it. expect vino to do a lot of work for klodi now.Kloden is only 1:09 minutes down on Cadel Evans. Thats not that much and he is a super time triallist. I expect Cadel to be in yellow after the first TT and klodi not far behind with valverde in 2nd or 3rd.

Kashechkin, Salvodelli, Colom, Navarro, Iglinsky, Ivanov and Vinokourov all working for Kloden could be a bit scary.

dm69 said:
Kloden is astana's man now no doubt about it. expect vino to do a lot of work for klodi now.Kloden is only 1:09 minutes down on Cadel Evans. Thats not that much and he is a super time triallist. I expect Cadel to be in yellow after the first TT and klodi not far behind with valverde in 2nd or 3rd.

Kashechkin, Salvodelli, Colom, Navarro, Iglinsky, Ivanov and Vinokourov all working for Kloden could be a bit scary.

My support lies firmly with Kloden. It's a pity about Vino this year but it gives Astana a clear GC rider in Kloden.

I think Astana are a well balanced team with a host of GC hopefuls, some old school leiutenants and great propects for the future in Kash.

I kinda like the sponsors too - not main stream, globally recognised brands - a couple of Kazakh companies making it big - kinda romantic really :)

Bring on the Turquoise Train - damn that sounds aweful...

Doctor.House said:
TDF = NASCAR or golf

Vino = Robbie Gordon, or Tiger Woods in his land
Obviously, and Astana is a marketing effort, not a cycling team.

Andreas Kloden was the hired help, nothing more. The German recieves ZERO assistance whatsoever. He is on his own, without any teammates.

Vino rides for Vino and his financial future as a national icon.

Cadel Evans has Chris Horner for pacing--and yet he still belly aches like a little girl. Kloden has only himself for company and may still podium.

It serves all of them right. None of these losers will win w/o Ras being DQed for cow blood and Contedor for Operation Peurto banking.