Astana-Wurth

Dimos

May 9, 2004
...is the name of the former Liberty-Wurth team. Astana is the capital of Kazakhstan and the funds will come from 5 large Kazakh companies (mainly gas and petrol companies). The deal is for 3 years but it can be expanded for 3 more!!! Good news for the boys who' are training in the arid Siberian deserts...

now all we have to see is if they are still allowed into the TDF. I would really miss Vino's made breakaway attempts

It wouldn`t be strange if they wouldn`t be allowed to start. TdF organisers excluded DiLuca and few other riders because they were under investigation of big doping affair in Giro few years back. But I still doubt they would exclude whole team.

Wish i had a prime minister as a friend!

This time next year astana-wurth will be the kazack national team in all but name;)

Good that vino will be at tour he always livens it up

The tour will be less fun if Vino is not involved. Hopefully they will let the boys ride!

azdroptop said:
The tour will be less fun if Vino is not involved. Hopefully they will let the boys ride!

Vino is one of my favorites, but this is serious business and Saiz was busted with a briefcase full of cash going to a meeting with a guy pretty clearly up to no good. I don't like it but when the DS is involved in that kind of business, his team shouldn't be racing, period.

tcklyde said:
Vino is one of my favorites, but this is serious business and Saiz was busted with a briefcase full of cash going to a meeting with a guy pretty clearly up to no good. I don't like it but when the DS is involved in that kind of business, his team shouldn't be racing, period.
I haven't followed the story too closely, but it sounds ugly for all those involved. Some thing about bags of blood laying around? Eeek. Bottom line all pro sports contain a large population of folks who use drugs-if not all. Fact we have to live with I guess.

azdroptop said:
I haven't followed the story too closely, but it sounds ugly for all those involved. Some thing about bags of blood laying around? Eeek. Bottom line all pro sports contain a large population of folks who use drugs-if not all. Fact we have to live with I guess.
Yeah all sports contain who use drugs just cycling catches more of them due to the large amount of testing now going on and the police taking an interest. What other sport does as much to try to stamp out drug taking?

Yeah but the thing about athletics, the one true thing about athletics, your basic thing about athletics is. . . . . . . no one cares about athletics!;) Cycling rules:D :D

But when is the whole Saiz thing concluded? I mean, when do we get the names of the 200 riders and who decides what`s happening to them? Will or could this have any consequenses for the TdF?

Definitely. Expect that every rider who will be under investigation won`t be allowed to start TdF.

Did you see new team car? Vino`s Kazakhi national champion`s jersey can be new team jersey then. It would be very hard not to see it in peloton.:)