Astana



A

Andre

Guest
I think it is a bad move for Kloden to drop back and help Vino. Kloden
lost a few precious seconds, maybe minutes to the contenders. It is
becoming evident that Vino does not have it. And anyway Astana had
Kashechkin at the front. They are acting like T-Mobile a bit.

Apart from that, the skeleton may keep piling up some time in the
mountains but will probably lose it all on the tt.

Andre
 
S

Simon Brooke

Guest
in message <[email protected]>, Andre
('[email protected]') wrote:

> I think it is a bad move for Kloden to drop back and help Vino. Kloden
> lost a few precious seconds, maybe minutes to the contenders. It is
> becoming evident that Vino does not have it. And anyway Astana had
> Kashechkin at the front. They are acting like T-Mobile a bit.


It would have been a bad move if Schleck, Valverde and Evans had been
prepared to work with Moreau. If they had worked together, they could have
gapped Astana by three or four minutes, which Astana would find it hard to
get back. As it is, Kloden is fifty seconds behind Evans, and Vino is two
minutes thirty.

Do not write Vino off. He's hung in there; he's got a rest day today; and
he has unbelievable determination and commitment. I don't particularly
want him to win, but as far as I'm concerned he is still the favourite. As
a CSC fan, I'm more worried by Astana than by any other team - than by any
other two teams put together.

--
[email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
 
On Jul 16, 6:40 am, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, Andre
>
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
> > I think it is a bad move for Kloden to drop back and help Vino. Kloden
> > lost a few precious seconds, maybe minutes to the contenders. It is
> > becoming evident that Vino does not have it. And anyway Astana had
> > Kashechkin at the front. They are acting like T-Mobile a bit.

>
> It would have been a bad move if Schleck, Valverde and Evans had been
> prepared to work with Moreau. If they had worked together, they could have
> gapped Astana by three or four minutes, which Astana would find it hard to
> get back. As it is, Kloden is fifty seconds behind Evans, and Vino is two
> minutes thirty.
>
> Do not write Vino off. He's hung in there; he's got a rest day today; and
> he has unbelievable determination and commitment. I don't particularly
> want him to win, but as far as I'm concerned he is still the favourite. As
> a CSC fan, I'm more worried by Astana than by any other team - than by any
> other two teams put together.


Astana is the ony team that is riding like a team, at least they are
riding for a leader. Every other team is putting riders in breaks
instead of protecting the supposed leader, and even Astana put Colom
in the early break. Though I think putting Kashechkin in the chase was
the smart thing to do when Vino was hurting.

Disco revealed they don't have confidence in Leipheimer. Why else
would they send four guys up the road instead of having them drive the
chase to pull back some time on Rasmussen ?
 
T

Tom Kunich

Guest
"Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> in message <[email protected]>, Andre
>
> Do not write Vino off. He's hung in there; he's got a rest day today; and
> he has unbelievable determination and commitment.


He also has too much enthusiasm and always goes too hard at the wrong time
and the wrong spot.
 
K

Kurgan Gringioni

Guest
On Jul 16, 8:40 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> Disco revealed they don't have confidence in Leipheimer. Why else
> would they send four guys up the road instead of having them drive the
> chase to pull back some time on Rasmussen ?





Dumbass -


Do you remember Rasmussen's TT skills? What'd he lose in 2005 in the
last TT? 10 minutes?

Which isn't to say he isn't a threat, but at that juncture in the race
I don't think it would be wise for a team to base their entire
strategy on what Rasmussen is doing. Pure climbers hardly ever win the
TdF - it's someone who can both TT and climb.


thanks,

K. Gringioni.