At goal! (Again)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Beth Friedman, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. When I first started low-carbing, I set my goal at 130 pounds. When I
    reached that, I decided to go for 10 more pounds off.

    As of this week, I'm below 120 pounds. I think I may go for a few
    more pounds off just for experimentation with maintenance, but 120
    seems to be the right point as a goal.

    I'm now wearing a size 6 in clothes, and I lost a couple of bra sizes.
    And I think I've reached a WOE (and exercising) that I can keep living
    with indefinitely.

    Started 3/1/04
    208/119/120

    Tags:

  2. Nicky

    Nicky Guest

    "Beth Friedman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm now wearing a size 6 in clothes, and I lost a couple of bra sizes.
    > And I think I've reached a WOE (and exercising) that I can keep living
    > with indefinitely.

    Wow! That's fantastic! good for you.

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/5.6/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
    1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

  3. Cyn

    Cyn Guest

    Incredible... what an inspiration! I'll be joining you soon...

    190/187.5/135
    "Beth Friedman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > When I first started low-carbing, I set my goal at 130 pounds. When I
    > reached that, I decided to go for 10 more pounds off.
    >
    > As of this week, I'm below 120 pounds. I think I may go for a few
    > more pounds off just for experimentation with maintenance, but 120
    > seems to be the right point as a goal.
    >
    > I'm now wearing a size 6 in clothes, and I lost a couple of bra sizes.
    > And I think I've reached a WOE (and exercising) that I can keep living
    > with indefinitely.
    >
    > Started 3/1/04
    > 208/119/120

  4. karma.coma

    karma.coma Guest

    Hi there! Congratulations :)
    May I ask what amount of carbs you eat daily now to maintain? Is it very
    low? And what kind of exercise you take now to keep in shape?
    Good luck again
    Kredka

    Beth Friedman wrote:
    > When I first started low-carbing, I set my goal at 130 pounds. When I
    > reached that, I decided to go for 10 more pounds off.
    >
    > As of this week, I'm below 120 pounds. I think I may go for a few
    > more pounds off just for experimentation with maintenance, but 120
    > seems to be the right point as a goal.
    >
    > I'm now wearing a size 6 in clothes, and I lost a couple of bra sizes.
    > And I think I've reached a WOE (and exercising) that I can keep living
    > with indefinitely.
    >
    > Started 3/1/04
    > 208/119/120

  5. Cheri

    Cheri Guest

    That's terrific!!!! You're an inspiration. :)

    --
    Cheri

    Beth Friedman wrote in message
    <[email protected]>...
    >When I first started low-carbing, I set my goal at 130 pounds. When I
    >reached that, I decided to go for 10 more pounds off.
    >
    >As of this week, I'm below 120 pounds. I think I may go for a few
    >more pounds off just for experimentation with maintenance, but 120
    >seems to be the right point as a goal.

  6. Saffire

    Saffire Guest

    says...
    > When I first started low-carbing, I set my goal at 130 pounds. When I
    > reached that, I decided to go for 10 more pounds off.
    >
    > As of this week, I'm below 120 pounds. I think I may go for a few
    > more pounds off just for experimentation with maintenance, but 120
    > seems to be the right point as a goal.
    >
    > I'm now wearing a size 6 in clothes, and I lost a couple of bra sizes.
    > And I think I've reached a WOE (and exercising) that I can keep living
    > with indefinitely.
    >
    > Started 3/1/04
    > 208/119/120

    EXCELLENT job, Beth! CONGRATULATIONS!

    --
    Saffire
    205/134/125

    *** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
    in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***

  7. metoo

    metoo Guest

    Hooray for you! Great job!
    jo
    "Beth Friedman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > When I first started low-carbing, I set my goal at 130 pounds. When I
    > reached that, I decided to go for 10 more pounds off.
    >
    > As of this week, I'm below 120 pounds. I think I may go for a few
    > more pounds off just for experimentation with maintenance, but 120
    > seems to be the right point as a goal.
    >
    > I'm now wearing a size 6 in clothes, and I lost a couple of bra sizes.
    > And I think I've reached a WOE (and exercising) that I can keep living
    > with indefinitely.
    >
    > Started 3/1/04
    > 208/119/120

  8. Naked jpegs are in order.

    --

    Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

    --
    "Beth Friedman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > When I first started low-carbing, I set my goal at 130 pounds. When I
    > reached that, I decided to go for 10 more pounds off.
    >
    > As of this week, I'm below 120 pounds. I think I may go for a few
    > more pounds off just for experimentation with maintenance, but 120
    > seems to be the right point as a goal.
    >
    > I'm now wearing a size 6 in clothes, and I lost a couple of bra sizes.
    > And I think I've reached a WOE (and exercising) that I can keep living
    > with indefinitely.
    >
    > Started 3/1/04
    > 208/119/120

  9. On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:08:37 +0200, "karma.coma" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi there! Congratulations :)
    >May I ask what amount of carbs you eat daily now to maintain? Is it very
    >low? And what kind of exercise you take now to keep in shape?

    I eat 60 grams or under most days, up to 80 grams 2 or 3 times a week
    (per stage 3 of Atkins). Not particularly low, I'd say. I haven't
    transitioned to stage 4 yet, but I expect that instead of upping the
    carbs, I'll up my calorie count. I've been holding at 1300 calories
    per day for quite a while.

    Three times a week I go running 3-4 miles, and the other three days I
    either do a half hour on the elliptical or walk for several miles.
    Sunday's my day off.

  10. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:35:20 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Naked jpegs are in order.

    Heh. That you're not going to get, but bathing suit jpegs are
    planned, one of these days.

  11. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Beth Friedman wrote:
    :: On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:35:20 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
    :: <[email protected]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Naked jpegs are in order.
    ::
    :: Heh. That you're not going to get, but bathing suit jpegs are
    :: planned, one of these days.

    I demand that you post naked jpegs!!!!!

  12. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Roger Zoul wrote:

    ;Beth Friedman wrote:
    ;:: On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:35:20 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
    ;:: <[email protected]> wrote:
    ;::
    ;::: Naked jpegs are in order.
    ;::
    ;
    ;I demand that you post naked jpegs!!!!!
    ;
    ;
    Please tell me that wasn't addressed to JC.

    Martha

    --

  13. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    :: ;Beth Friedman wrote:
    :: ;:: On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:35:20 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
    :: ;:: <[email protected]> wrote:
    :: ;::
    :: ;::: Naked jpegs are in order.
    :: ;::
    :: ;:: Heh. That you're not going to get, but bathing suit jpegs are
    :: ;:: planned, one of these days.
    :: ;
    :: ;I demand that you post naked jpegs!!!!!
    :: ;
    :: ;
    :: Please tell me that wasn't addressed to JC.

    That absolutely wasn't addressed to JC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

  14. Martha S. Gallagher wrote:
    > Roger Zoul wrote:
    >
    > ;Beth Friedman wrote:
    > ;:: JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >
    > ;::: Naked jpegs are in order.
    >
    > ;:: Heh. That you're not going to get, but bathing suit jpegs are
    > ;:: planned, one of these days.
    >
    > ;I demand that you post naked jpegs!!!!!
    >
    > Please tell me that wasn't addressed to JC.

    When I read it I concluded it was a mocking imitation. Hilarious.