At the gym

• Thread starter Marlene Blansha
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marlene Blanshay <[email protected]> wrote:
: new pair! Or smelly old sneakers. Get a new pair! And some people come to

Can't afford them, I must save for next season's cycling gear :-(

: And then there is the music. One of the nice young women who works at the gym as a receptionist
: plays a particular radio station when she's there and it plays the absolute worst music- Celine
: Dion, Rod Stewart, bad 80s hair metal, billy Joel, Whitney Houston, the Nelsons, you get the
: picture. I don't have a walkman, so I just have to suffer. When I go into the

Yes bad music is everywhere. Just get the Walkman so you can listen to Celine Dion etc.

I tried headphones with C-tank and found out I don't last long enough for the second interval if I
pedal to the rythm ;)

: Spinning classes are at least better. Everyone there is a cyclist, you get to watch race videos,
: the music is better and no one reeks! That's the thing about cyclists, they don't reek, even in
: spinning class. It just smells like sweat, not BO or rubbery sneakers.

Umm, my spinning class is different. Everybody is just a 24-year-old female university student. I
doubt they are cyclists. You know hard core cyclists wear cycling gear in the gym too. (Just have a
look at those pictures Burke loaned for his Serious Cycling.)

: I know it sounds like I'm griping. Well ,I am! LOL. Actually it's a nice gym with great
: facilities. But no pool, which is too bad because swimmers don't reek either, LOL.

Resistance training can be pretty interesting, as it lets you work on your body in a really
different fashion than cycling. Systematic, based on technique, also it complements cycling by
working the other muscles too.

Yea, I often feel like pool would be just perfect after gym. Fortunately there is at least
the sauna...

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

> >However, sometimes, being at the gym can really make you crazy. Spinning classes are great, but
> >the rest of the time, it can really make you long for the outdoors.

I second that!!! I haven't been on my bike since my crash on Monday, and my skin is crawling to get
back on it.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.