At the race today

Dave Pace

Aug 3, 2012
So I was at the bike race today doing my Marshaling duties when 1 of the riders came up to me before the race on his new custom bike. I had to get a pic.

Titanium with a nice Brass coating. This thing had to weigh 5 lbs all wet.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Did you get the name of the manufacturer?
I will ask, I do know he said that he was on a waiting list as the guy only builds lke 10 a year or something like that. Ill ask him and get back to you.

Are you sure it wasn't steel and not Ti? Rob English, I thought, worked exclusively with steel. Also, plating titanium can be challenge, and plating titanium with brass might involve plating Ti with one or two different metals before adding the bronze plate. No matter what it's a pretty bike, and Rob English has been doing some really innovative stuff with bikes. His personal TT bike is a thing of beauty as is his right sided single speed bike.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Are you sure it wasn't steel and not Ti? Rob English, I thought, worked exclusively with steel. Also, plating titanium can be challenge, and plating titanium with brass might involve plating Ti with one or two different metals before adding the bronze plate.

No matter what it's a pretty bike, and Rob English has been doing some really innovative stuff with bikes. His personal TT bike is a thing of beauty as is his right sided single speed bike.

It may have been steel, I may be getting all the converstations mixed up.