ATB bar ends shaped like road drops?

jasong

Nov 24, 2003
I'm looking for bar ends for a flat ATB handlebar that have a more exotic shape than the normal bar end. It would be nice to have something that simulated more of a road bike drop handlebar.

Does anyone know of such a bar end? Or other solutions? Or other bar end designs that are much more different than the normal options out there?

It seems like those of you that would like to take your mountain bike on road rides every now and then might benefit from something like this, giving you the option of a more aero profile and many more hand positions than a normal bar end/flat bar combination.

Thanks!

Mountain Bike Action has a set featured in their November issue (p. 23). They are called Road Ends and are made by Endless Innovations (716) 652-2848. Not my style, but they certainly look comfy for long rides.:D

Thanks for the response.

Someone else in another forum had mentioned those, too. They look nice and are versatile.

For the others interested,

http://www.endless-innovations.com/

$30

Muddy Buddy said:
Mountain Bike Action has a set featured in their November issue (p. 23). They are called Road Ends and are made by Endless Innovations (716) 652-2848. Not my style, but they certainly look comfy for long rides.:D

To followup for those that may have subscribed, these road ends from

http://endless-innovations.com/

...have been very nice. I built up a flat bar road bike with these and some Dia Comp brakes that have levers desined to be reachable from the bar ends. I can hook into these levers with my thumbs from these "drops" and it works well. Better than I expected.

They feel quite natural and comfortable and I'm surprised more people riding on flat bars don't have these. I have them slightly angled upward and naturally go to them to gain leverage for climbing.

Quite satisfied!

I would love to try a pair, but the freight to Australia is way too much, US$60, for a $20 item.

Seems like they could get it in a large global priority mail envelope for US$9, or Parcel Post for US$14?

gclark8 said:
I would love to try a pair, but the freight to Australia is way too much, US$60, for a $20 item.

I agree, however, their quote is via an "air courier", hence the $60. I get goods from Harris Cyclery at the postage prices you mention, but they don't sell the bar ends.

This was an auto generated quote, or something they corresponded with you? You might try writing them and giving them the USPS figures, as they shipped me my stuff USPS.

gclark8 said:
I agree, however, their quote is via an "air courier", hence the $60. I get goods from Harris Cyclery at the postage prices you mention, but they don't sell the bar ends.

Auto generated in the "cart" system. I have now e-mailed them for a specific price. If you have a personal contact there could you also e-mail him on my behalf for a USPS quote.

I find most US supppliers just don't send the goods to Australia. I have been waiting since June for a 1X Zero Offset Suspension Seat Post that was always sent "yesterday". I have lost count of the e-mails and now cell phone calls following that one up. My bike will be out of warranty sooon so it won't matter then.

Thank you
George