ATB Death Investigation

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by coowoowoo, Oct 29, 2006.

  1. coowoowoo

    coowoowoo New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    A colleague showed me a newspaper article from today's herald sun paper. They have lodged an article looking for anyone that can help in the investigation of the cyclist who died doing ATB. They are calling for any witnesses to contact crimestoppers.

    I found it a bit intriguing as to why the further investigation and a newspaper article on this. I remembered that someone here knew of the deceased either directly or through someone else.

    I am assuming that perhaps someone is trying to sue. Anyway, anyone wanting to wade into the investigation can do so. Just thought i would post it anyway.

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Recent a.b thread here: Death following the ATB
    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t370163.html

    Also link + text to article: Witness appeal over bike death. October 29, 2006 12:24pm
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,20664660-5005961,00.html

    POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a fatal cycling accident that occurred on the Princes Freeway, south-west of Melbourne, during the Around The Bay In A Day event held on 15 October. The accident involved two riders and happened about 1.3km from Point Wilson Road.

    Police believe the first rider fell after he hit a block of wood on the road. A second rider then ran into the cyclist on the road and also fell off his bike.

    The second rider, a 59-year-old Malvern East man, was taken to Melbourne's The Alfred hospital with injuries and later died, police said today. His death brings the Victorian road toll to 265, compared to 291 for the same period last year.

  3. Rory Williams

    Rory Williams New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    I knew Tom from my previous life as a runner. I didn't see the piece in the sun but I was told about a similar one in the Age on Tuesday. My immediate though was that that either the Coroner or the TAC may be involved.

    RoryW

  4. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    TAC won;t do anything unless a car is involved.... they insure cars, not roads...

  5. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    Shabby wrote:
    > Rory Williams Wrote:
    > > I knew Tom from my previous life as a runner. I didn't see the piece in
    > > the sun but I was told about a similar one in the Age on Tuesday. My
    > > immediate though was that that either the Coroner or the TAC may be
    > > involved.
    > >
    > > RoryW

    > TAC won;t do anything unless a car is involved.... they insure cars,
    > not roads...
    >

    > --
    > Shabby

    They insure moving cars, if a cyclist runs up the back of a parked car
    no TAC.

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    "PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > They insure moving cars, if a cyclist runs up the back of a parked car
    > no TAC.

    And moving *parts* of cars -- if a cyclist runs into a door opened from
    a parked car, TAC pays.

    --
    Shane Stanley

  7. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Tell me about it :(

  8. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    If you want to be picky, they insure cars "in the act of driving" which includes people getting out of cars and giving you a door prize.... but they're renowned for being a bunch of aunts even if you're in a car-car crash....