General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Atenolol/Speed Up?

Started by Ronnie · · Last activity · 2 posts · 449 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 February 2004
Last activity
18 February 2004
Original author
Ronnie
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
449
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am taking atenolol 25 mg at 8am and then 25 mg more at 4:30 pm. I have noticed that after taking
    my atenolol I feel nervous until exactly 3 hours after my dose (especially pm dose) then I get calm.
    My BP has been
    120/80.I am also hypothyroid due to haveing RAI for Grave's 10 years ago and on Armour Thyroid
    replacement and all my thyroid panel shows normal.

    Anyone else experienced this?

  2. Ronnie said:

    I am taking atenolol 25 mg at 8am and then 25 mg more at 4:30 pm. I have noticed that after taking
    my atenolol I feel nervous until exactly 3 hours after my dose (especially pm dose) then I get
    calm. My BP has been
    120/80.I am also hypothyroid due to haveing RAI for Grave's 10 years ago and on Armour Thyroid
    replacement and all my thyroid panel shows normal.

    Anyone else experienced this?

    Atenolol is typically a once a day drug.

    Would wonder if perhaps your heart rate is too slow after the second evening dose of atenolol and
    that perhaps this is causing your symptoms. Would suggest you check your pulse rate when you are
    having your symptoms and if less than 60 bpm, consider informing your doctor.

    Servant to the humblest person in the universe,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.com

    **
    Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    What is all this about?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    Is this spam?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.