Atkins Attack

It seems to me that if you want to lose weight, you should eat anything you like (this is how you'll
have to eat the rest of your life..........can you follow atkins or any other "diet" for the rest of
your life?) in moderation. Double up on the vegetables and reduce the carbs and red meat, get some
exercise every day (even if it's just dancing around a room) and you should lose weight (not more
than 2 pounds a week).

Ashara

--

Basically true, but low carb has a few advantages such as hunger control.

--
JC

Eat less, exercise more.

--
news:[email protected]...

kuhndog runner wrote:

> The atkins diet is for lazy people who refuse to excercise.

You need to work on the truthfullness of your statements. On Atkins exercise is mandatory. If you
aren't doing exercise you are not on the plan.

> The reason I say this is because no carbs = no energy.

You need to work on doing your homework. You appear unaware that there is a one month adjustment
period after which endurance is higher than before you started and strength is at least as high.
Completely basic information from any well read body builder.

> If you stick with the 30 - 40 - 40 diet

Eating 110% of the recommended calorie levels can't be good. You need to work on doing
your homework.

> and get in 20 minutes of exercise 5 times a week, you will encounter weight loss that is permenant
> and not temporarily there until you eat two pieces of pizza!

Studies show that exercise is proof against adding weight back, but that most people who lose a lot
and keep it off build their exercise program to intense levels after most of the loss. Of course
doing that would mean you aren't on Atkins since to qualify to be on the plan you need to do the
mandatory exercise from day one.

[email protected] (kuhndog runner) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The atkins diet is for lazy people who refuse to excercise. The reason I say this is because no
> carbs = no energy.

So the body cannot get any energy from fat or protein?????? Are you completely daft or just lazy
because you refuse to learn the basics of nutrition?

If you stick with
> the 30 - 40 - 40 diet and get in 20 minutes of exercise 5 times a week, you will encounter weight
> loss that is permenant and not temporarily there until you eat two pieces of pizza!

How do you keep your carb intake to 40% or less without cutting high density refined carbs? It is
impossible. And once you do cut out the high density refined carbs you are in fact low-carbing. So
in spite of your silly tirade against atkins, you are in fact eating a low-carb diet.

TC

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 01:35:16 GMT, "Ear Rings" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Get some diet counselling. High sugar does not work
>forever. You have a yeast colony in your gut that will
>eventually put you on anxiety medication, depression
>medication and give you a long slow terminal disease. This
>results in an addictive allergy. The more you feed the
>allergy the more "lack of sugar" attacks you will have.
>
>The low fat approach will result you probably bad exzema or
>psoriasis. You need fats but "good fats". Talk to some
>people doing Weight watchers for a few years of continuous
>loses. It works but there can be big problems from it too.
>
>Best of luck.

You are correct. And diabetes will shortly show its ugly
head and blindness and amputations will follow.

Good Luck.