Atkins' BMI: 35.

You have to understand. The guy has been dead for quite some time and now they are looking to bring
the popularity of low carb down. People do it all the time. If a president becomes too popular they
find anything they can on him to make him less popular. If people like some thing to eat they feed
it to rats in huge doses and say, see it causes cancer. It is all the same old story. The guy lived
over the average age of a man. He was a big guy with some problems, but they were not diet related.
Who cares. Low carb has done lots for many people. I use it to drop a bit myself and it works great
and makes you feel great.

It is a joke like most anything the media puts out.

Respectfully, Curt

Robert Chung wrote:

> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4230348/

The Atkins fad (and trust me, that's what it is) is really infuriating to anyone who's read
about nutrition and the links between diet and disease for the past 30 years. Anyone with a
modicum of knowledge knows that Atkins will cause weight loss at least for a while. I don't buy
that it improves blood lipid profile for the long term. People grasp for straws when it comes to
weight loss. One or two short-term studies purporting that it's great for ya and the 30 years of
research linking high saturated fat with cardiovascular disease and cancer goes right out the
window. The folks pushing Atkins are the ones with an axe to grind. Them, and the people pushing
lo-carb bagels and beer. Give me a freakin' break!!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
Brooklyn, NY

I love it. it makes it easier for me to move up the athletic ladder. so many idiots are fadding out
they are slowing down... keep it up Atkins..... fricken morons.....hope they choke on chicken
bones.....lolololo

These diets become more like religions every day.

My problem with Atkins is that it stresses the consumption of the most resource intensive means of
protien production: meat. In the US, that means factory farms killing more animals and wasting more
resources to (maybe) benefit a bunch of fat, lazy Americans.

-Bob F.

On 2/10/04 4:39 PM, in article [email protected], "Bob"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> These diets become more like religions every day.
>
> My problem with Atkins is that it stresses the consumption of the most resource intensive means of
> protien production: meat. In the US, that means factory farms killing more animals and wasting
> more resources to (maybe) benefit a bunch of fat, lazy Americans.
>
> -Bob F.

KISS MY FAT MASTERS BUTT!!

You.......PETA prayin...tree huggin.....snotrag vegan!!!

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BC4EC153.91344%[email protected]...
> On 2/10/04 4:39 PM, in article [email protected], "Bob"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > These diets become more like religions every day.
> >
> > My problem with Atkins is that it stresses the consumption of the most resource intensive means
> > of protien production: meat. In the US, that
means
> > factory farms killing more animals and wasting more resources to (maybe) benefit a bunch of fat,
> > lazy Americans.
> >
> > -Bob F.
> >

> KISS MY FAT MASTERS BUTT!!
>
> You.......PETA prayin...tree huggin.....snotrag vegan!!!

Steve - have you considered switching to decaf?

Don't fly off the handle like that. Atkins diet works or people wouldn't be using it. Moreover
anyone that tries it will see a pretty quick weight loss and corresponding improvement in your
cholesterol profile.

He never intended his diets to be used to extremes and anything like that can be abused.

Personally I can't get away from the donuts, steaks and french bread. I'll be pegging out in another
couple of years anyway so I might as well enjoy myself.

"curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You have to understand.

I understand! The guy was a fat slob who suckered people in to believe what they wanted to believe.

He had hypertension, was obese, had heart disease, all diet related.

Probably laughed all the way to the bank, with your money! <G>

You don't get something for nothing, unless you eat right and exercise.

>The guy has been dead for quite some time and now they are looking to bring the popularity of low
>carb down. People do it all the time.

Oh Boy! Another conspiracy theory. <VBG>

Dashi

>If a president becomes too popular they find anything they can on him to make him less popular. If
>people like some thing to eat they feed it to rats in huge doses and say, see it causes cancer. It
>is all the same old story. The guy lived over the average age of a man. He was a big guy with some
>problems, but they were not diet related. Who cares. Low carb has done lots for many people. I use
>it to drop a bit myself and it works great and makes you feel great.
>
> It is a joke like most anything the media puts out.
>
> Respectfully, Curt
>
> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4230348/

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BC4EC153.91344%[email protected]...
> On 2/10/04 4:39 PM, in article [email protected], "Bob"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> These diets become more like religions every day.

Yep, they just don't want to hear the truth.

True believer's, one and all. <G>

Dashi

>> My problem with Atkins is that it stresses the consumption of the most resource intensive means
>> of protien production: meat. In the US, that means factory farms killing more animals and wasting
>> more resources to (maybe) benefit a bunch of fat, lazy Americans.
>>
>> -Bob F.
>>

> KISS MY FAT MASTERS BUTT!!
>
> You.......PETA prayin...tree huggin.....snotrag vegan!!!

"curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news

> The guy has been dead for quite some time and now they are looking to bring the popularity of low
> carb down. People do it all the time. If a president becomes too popular they find anything they
> can on him to make him less popular. If people like some thing to eat they feed it to rats in huge
> doses and say, see it causes cancer. It is all the same old story.

Remember when Jim Fixx died of a heart attack?

"Dashi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > You have to understand.
>
> I understand! The guy was a fat slob who suckered people in to believe
what
> they wanted to believe.
>
> He had hypertension, was obese, had heart disease, all diet related.
>
> Probably laughed all the way to the bank, with your money! <G>
>
> You don't get something for nothing, unless you eat right and exercise.

Yeah, Atkins really made a pile of money on me when I bought the paperback book for $5. You sound
quite ignorant in your response as most people do who don't bother reading the book and have an
understanding of this subject. I think I'll go argue with someone about nuclear science. I have
never read anything on it, but I am sure they will be impressed with me arguing about something I
know nothing about.

You people are just trying to get a rise out of people that actually read. It doesn't work. If you
don't have an educated opinion on something, I suggest you stay on the sidelines. You sound like a
fools and it most certainly shows.

I would debate this subject with you, but I refuse to do that with someone who hasn't even read the
book. I mean what could we debate about? You have NO knowledge of the subject.

Respectfully, Curt

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Don't fly off the handle like that. Atkins diet works or people wouldn't be using it. Moreover
> anyone that tries it will see a pretty quick weight loss and corresponding improvement in your
> cholesterol profile.

No question it works--for weight loss. Yeah, I've seen the reports of improved blood lipid
profile. We'll see how they look in 5-10 years. Atkins was pretty much discredited 20 years
or so ago when he came out. We'll eventually see what a low bulk, high fat diet will do to
colon cancer rates.

> He never intended his diets to be used to extremes and anything like that can be abused.
>
> Personally I can't get away from the donuts, steaks and french bread. I'll be pegging out in
> another couple of years anyway so I might as well enjoy myself.

"Pegging out"? Don't do anything rash! ;-)

Steve

This discussion is pretty silly. Doctors have a long record of not being able to follow their own
advice. Smoking among physicians, AFAIK, has been well above the population average for that level
of education. No diet is going to save you if you like pigging out. They all require discipline.
Even if Atkins was "only" 200-210, that's still high for his height.

Different diets are about, for a given sustained level of body fat, ones degree of health and
general wellness. Personally, a more balanced approach, eating whole foods low on the food chain,
with plenty of fiber-rich vegetables and fruits, avoiding grains and especially refined
carbohydrates, is better. But different people seem to thrive on different approaches.

Yeah, that is a good point Jim. We all are going to go somehow and it can be out of no where. Jim
was in his fifties for goodness sake.

Enjoy, Curt

news:[email protected]...