atkins diet

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Joad Hamed, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Joad Hamed

    Joad Hamed Guest

    matt, i have also been on this diet for 3 months and have lost 35lbs. i agree with you in that it is
    the best diet. the key to this diet is that you are never hungry. all other diets i have tried in
    the past limit you to the amount of food you can eat except this one, thats why it is amazing

    Tags:

  2. Buddy Guy

    Buddy Guy Guest

    check back in a year after you have stopped the diet (unless you are one of the types who will stay
    on the diet forever and croak like Atkins did, earlier than the expected mortality age for males
    born in the year he was born,obese and with clogged arteries). Everyone at my gym who has done
    Atkins gained most all of their FAT back after stopping the diet (most within 4-6 months). What ever
    happened to exercising and eating a balanced diet?

    "joad hamed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > matt, i have also been on this diet for 3 months and have lost 35lbs. i agree with you in that it
    > is the best diet. the key to this diet is that you are never hungry. all other diets i have tried
    > in the past limit you to the amount of food you can eat except this one, thats why it is amazing

  3. Mirek Fidler

    Mirek Fidler Guest

    > Atkins gained most all of their FAT back after stopping the diet (most

    Happens on any diet plan.

    > within 4-6 months). What ever happened to exercising

    Excercising is recommended on Atkins.

    > and eating a balanced diet?

    Question is what a balanced diet is.

    Mirek

  4. Robert Klute

    Robert Klute Guest

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:28:08 -0700, "Buddy Guy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >check back in a year after you have stopped the diet (unless you are one of the types who will stay
    >on the diet forever and croak like Atkins did,

    Atkins did not die at 72 from heart disease, he died at 72 from a cracked skull (epidural hematoma).

    >earlier than the expected mortality age for males born in the year he was born,obese and with
    >clogged arteries).

    How do you know he had clogged arteries? There was no autopsy performed, only a visual ME's report
    which would include a review of the hospital records. Since the records of his hospital stay have
    not been released, there is no way of telling what happen during those 9 days. It is just as likely
    that he suffered an myocardial infarction while in the hospital just prior to death.

    >Everyone at my gym who has done Atkins gained most all of their FAT back after stopping the diet
    >(most within 4-6 months). What ever happened to exercising and eating a balanced diet?

    It is not the Atkins' diet that is at fault. It is what they are eating once they stop it that is
    causing the weight gain.

  5. Bill Case

    Bill Case Guest

    Sure fathead. Then it should be easy to come up with retractions from the papers that reported him
    weighing 258 AT the time of his accident.

    Only an imbecile thinks people increase their body weight by 1/3 (63 pds) due to fluids during a 9
    day stay in the hospital.

    Also, his debating opponent stated that in recent years he saw Atkins when he was obese.

    Heart problems due to viral infaction? Sure, just coincidental that this rare disease hit Atkins,
    the high fat advocate... sure sure.

    Oh, by the way, why doesn't his wife, who has a monetary interest in sales from his diet plan,
    release his medical history and just settle the whole matter? Hahahahaahahah

    You're doing great blockage brain.. Have a scoop of lard on your double bacon cheesberger butter
    brain ahahahahahaha

    "Robert Klute" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:28:08 -0700, "Buddy Guy" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >check back in a year after you have stopped the diet (unless you are one
    of
    > >the types who will stay on the diet forever and croak like Atkins did,
    >
    > Atkins did not die at 72 from heart disease, he died at 72 from a cracked skull (epidural
    > hematoma).
    >
    > >earlier than the expected mortality age for males born in the year he was born,obese and with
    > >clogged arteries).
    >
    > How do you know he had clogged arteries? There was no autopsy performed, only a visual ME's report
    > which would include a review of the hospital records. Since the records of his hospital stay have
    > not been released, there is no way of telling what happen during those 9 days. It is just as
    > likely that he suffered an myocardial infarction while in the hospital just prior to death.
    >

    > >Everyone at my gym who has done Atkins gained most all of their FAT back after stopping the diet
    > >(most within 4-6 months). What ever happened to exercising and eating a
    balanced
    > >diet?
    >
    > It is not the Atkins' diet that is at fault. It is what they are eating once they stop it that is
    > causing the weight gain.

  6. Robert Klute

    Robert Klute Guest

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:56:46 GMT, "Bill Case" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Sure fathead. Then it should be easy to come up with retractions from the papers that reported him
    >weighing 258 AT the time of his accident.

    OK troll, once again, I don't care what Atkins weighed, when; BUT, get your facts straight before
    you try to argue them. The newspapers printed that according to the ME's report Atkins' post mortem
    weight was 258 lbs. Only one wire service managed to mangle that into at the time of the accident,
    and if you have ever gotten live feeds from any wire service you know they are constantly posting
    corrections.

    >Only an imbecile thinks people increase their body weight by 1/3 (63 pds) due to fluids during a 9
    >day stay in the hospital.

    First, while highly unlikely, it is not impossible for this to happen. At the time of death Atkins
    had prominent edema and jaundice, both indicators of severe fluid retention. Second, it is more
    probable that either his admission weight of 195 lbs was wrong or the post mortem weight of 258 lbs
    was wrong; BUT, both are possible.

    Dr. Michael Baden, forensic pathologist: "... there are often discrepancies in height and weight on
    autopsy reports ... As far as weight goes -- a body is weighed after death on a metal scale that
    may weigh 30 pounds or 20 pounds. Sometimes the morgue attendant, the person who weighs the
    body, may forget to subtract the weight of the scale and the clothing on the body so larger
    weights may be recorded than is actually true."

    >Also, his debating opponent stated that in recent years he saw Atkins when he was obese.

    His debating opponent has demonstrated he carries a vendetta for Atkins and was not under oath.
    Also, the 195 lbs admission weight is within the range of 'obesity' observed by McDougall.

    >Heart problems due to viral infaction? Sure, just coincidental that this rare disease hit Atkins,
    >the high fat advocate... sure sure.

    Ah, you believe your axe-grinding doctor more than Atkins' physician.

    >Oh, by the way, why doesn't his wife, who has a monetary interest in sales from his diet plan,
    >release his medical history and just settle the whole matter? Hahahahaahahah

    Why should she? It won't convince you one way or the other. You'll continue to blast your one
    incorrect wire story.

  7. > What ever happened to exercising and eating a balanced diet?

    This wouldn't be very trendy, now, would it? Plus, that whole exercising thing sounds like a lot of
    work! I'd rather just eat way too much protein than my body can handle and starve it from energy.

    FWM III

  8. Bill Case

    Bill Case Guest

    Sure fathead. Everybody is wrong except you. hahaha People who enter the hospital in an emergency,
    and in coma, aren't weighted dumass. People ARE weighed at autopsy, and almost all attendants are
    able to do it correctly and accuratley. What a bunch of stupid bullshit you write. You think the MD
    he debated against is going to lie about him being obese when numerous others who were present could
    refute him? Excuses are all you furnish, which is common for deluded mentalities.

    You're a deluded fathead. hahaahahahah

    "Robert Klute" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:56:46 GMT, "Bill Case" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Sure fathead. Then it should be easy to come up with retractions from the papers that reported
    > >him weighing 258 AT the time of his accident.
    >
    > OK troll, once again, I don't care what Atkins weighed, when; BUT, get your facts straight before
    > you try to argue them. The newspapers printed that according to the ME's report Atkins' post
    > mortem weight was 258 lbs. Only one wire service managed to mangle that into at the time of the
    > accident, and if you have ever gotten live feeds from any wire service you know they are
    > constantly posting corrections.
    >
    > >Only an imbecile thinks people increase their body weight by 1/3 (63 pds) due to fluids during a
    > >9 day stay in the hospital.
    >
    > First, while highly unlikely, it is not impossible for this to happen. At the time of death Atkins
    > had prominent edema and jaundice, both indicators of severe fluid retention. Second, it is more
    > probable that either his admission weight of 195 lbs was wrong or the post mortem weight of 258
    > lbs was wrong; BUT, both are possible.
    >
    > Dr. Michael Baden, forensic pathologist: "... there are often discrepancies in height and weight
    > on autopsy reports ... As far as weight goes -- a body is weighed after death on a metal scale
    > that may weigh 30 pounds or 20 pounds. Sometimes the morgue attendant, the person who weighs
    > the body, may forget to subtract the weight of the scale and the clothing on the body so
    > larger weights may be recorded than is actually true."
    >

    > >Also, his debating opponent stated that in recent years he saw Atkins
    when
    > >he was obese.
    >
    > His debating opponent has demonstrated he carries a vendetta for Atkins and was not under oath.
    > Also, the 195 lbs admission weight is within the range of 'obesity' observed by McDougall.
    >
    > >Heart problems due to viral infaction? Sure, just coincidental that this rare disease hit Atkins,
    > >the high fat advocate... sure sure.
    >
    > Ah, you believe your axe-grinding doctor more than Atkins' physician.
    >
    > >Oh, by the way, why doesn't his wife, who has a monetary interest in
    sales
    > >from his diet plan, release his medical history and just settle the whole matter? Hahahahaahahah
    >
    > Why should she? It won't convince you one way or the other. You'll continue to blast your one
    > incorrect wire story.

  9. Robert Klute

    Robert Klute Guest

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:20:24 GMT, "Bill Case" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Sure fathead. Everybody is wrong except you. hahaha

    Funny, you seem to be the one whose sole argument is a flawed wire agency release and the tag line
    haha repeated with the occasional ba.

    >People who enter the hospital in an emergency, and in coma, aren't weighted dumass. People ARE
    >weighed at autopsy, and almost all attendants are able to do it correctly and accuratley.

    Almost, sounds like plenty of room for some error. Particularly when there isn't going to be a
    proper autopsy, no point in double checking on this one.

    >What a bunch of stupid bullshit you write. You think the MD he debated against is going to lie
    >about him being obese when numerous others who were present could refute him?

    For this doctor, yes. "Grossly overweight" is a subjective statement and I believe he would go to
    any length to denegrate someone who promotes a non-vegetarian diet. Besides, I posted the URL for
    the streaming video of the debate in another thread for you. Did you look at it? I did, and
    Atkins didn't look obese to me. He didn't look gaunt, perhaps a little overweight, but definitely
    not obese.

    >Excuses are all you furnish, which is common for deluded mentalities.

    You don't even bother with, just repetition of the same line. Sounds compulsive-obsessive to me. Is
    that your problem, bubba? Do try something better than bahaha, posting the AFP wire story, and name
    calling this time, or is that all you are capable of?

  10. Trent Duke

    Trent Duke Guest

    Not actually true. The average person consumes over 3000 calories a day...no wonder we are a country
    of overweight people.

    The Atkins diet indoctrination for the first 2 weeks is around 1500 and thereafter about 1900.

    So Atkins DOES limit you to what you can eat. You just might not be noticing that you are eating
    LESS CALORIES.

    It's ALL about eating less and exercising more...

    Trent

    -- Look and Feel Great! FREE weight loss and anti-aging group. Join now @

    > From: [email protected] (joad hamed) Organization: http://groups.google.com Newsgroups:
    > sci.med.nutrition Date: 3 Mar 2004 08:14:31 -0800 Subject: atkins diet
    >
    > matt, i have also been on this diet for 3 months and have lost 35lbs. i agree with you in that it
    > is the best diet. the key to this diet is that you are never hungry. all other diets i have tried
    > in the past limit you to the amount of food you can eat except this one, thats why it is amazing

  11. Susan

    Susan Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    >The Atkins diet indoctrination for the first 2 weeks is around 1500 and thereafter about 1900.

    For whom?

    >So Atkins DOES limit you to what you can eat. You just might not be noticing that you are eating
    >LESS CALORIES.

    Yes, and that's a good thing.

    >It's ALL about eating less and exercising more...
    >
    >Trent

    Well, yes and no.

    It's all about avoiding the hunger which is triggered by high glycemic load.

    Calories always matter, but different calories matter differently in different people.

    Susan

  12. Maliz

    Maliz Guest

    I've been doing Atkins for two weeks now. I've been
    exercising six times a week and I've been on ketosis the
    whole time but I haven't lost an inch, does anyone have an
    idea about why am I not losing any weight?

  13. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Starvation? Your body is refusing to give up the weight
    because of muscle gains and fear of starving. Try some body
    confusion principles.

    "Maliz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been doing Atkins for two weeks now. I've been
    > exercising six times a week and I've been on ketosis the
    > whole time but I haven't lost an inch, does anyone have an
    > idea about why am I not losing any weight?

  14. Maliz

    Maliz Guest

    What do you mean by "body confusion principles"?

    "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<9de-
    [email protected]>...
    > Starvation? Your body is refusing to give up the weight
    > because of muscle gains and fear of starving. Try some
    > body confusion principles.
    >
    > "Maliz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I've been doing Atkins for two weeks now. I've been
    > > exercising six times a week and I've been on ketosis the
    > > whole time but I haven't lost an inch, does anyone have
    > > an idea about why am I not losing any weight?

  15. Maliz

    Maliz Guest

    What do you mean by "body confusion principles"?

    "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<9de-
    [email protected]>...
    > Starvation? Your body is refusing to give up the weight
    > because of muscle gains and fear of starving. Try some
    > body confusion principles.
    >
    > "Maliz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I've been doing Atkins for two weeks now. I've been
    > > exercising six times a week and I've been on ketosis the
    > > whole time but I haven't lost an inch, does anyone have
    > > an idea about why am I not losing any weight?

  16. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Change something every few days. Your body adapts to
    whatever your throw at it and stagnates with your
    techniques.

    "Maliz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What do you mean by "body confusion principles"?
    >
    > "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Starvation? Your body is refusing to give up the weight
    > > because of
    muscle
    > > gains and fear of starving. Try some body confusion
    > > principles.
    > >
    > > "Maliz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I've been doing Atkins for two weeks now. I've been
    > > > exercising six times a week and I've been on ketosis
    > > > the whole time but I haven't lost an inch, does anyone
    > > > have an idea about why am I not losing any weight?

  17. Minerva Nine

    Minerva Nine Guest

    Because the Atkins diet is bullshit, that's why.

    M9

    > > > "Maliz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:-
    > > > [email protected]

  18. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    It works for everybody with a brain.

    "minerva nine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:z4idnSfp49dqZtLdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Because the Atkins diet is bullshit, that's why.
    >
    > M9

    six
    any

  19. Minerva Nine

    Minerva Nine Guest

    That's the best rejoinder you could come up with?

    M9

    "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It works for everybody with a brain.
    >
    > "minerva nine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:z4idnSfp49dqZtLdRVn-
    > [email protected]
    > > Because the Atkins diet is bullshit, that's why.
    > >
    > > M9

    > six
    haven't
    > any

  20. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Proof positive, folks.

    "minerva nine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8LudnaAANcZcyczdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > That's the best rejoinder you could come up with?
    >
    > M9
    >
    > "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:fb-
    > [email protected]
    > > It works for everybody with a brain.
    > >
    > > "minerva nine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:z4idnSfp49dqZtLdRVn-
    > > [email protected]
    > > > Because the Atkins diet is bullshit, that's why.
    > > >
    > > > M9

    exercising
    > > six
    > haven't