Atkins Fat Fast WORKS! Restart your weight loss.

In article <[email protected]>,
Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> If you've stopped losing and getting frustrated, then try the Atkins
> Fat Fast. You should lose 5 to 7 pounds in less than a week.
>
> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/carbsmart/fatfast.html

If you can stick with it... ;-)
It's easier to modify it slightly, eat a nice protein breakfast, then
only fat the rest of the day. It's easier to stay sane.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:31:28 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> If you've stopped losing and getting frustrated, then try the Atkins
>> Fat Fast. You should lose 5 to 7 pounds in less than a week.
>>
>> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/carbsmart/fatfast.html
>>

>If you can stick with it... ;-)
>It's easier to modify it slightly, eat a nice protein breakfast, then
>only fat the rest of the day. It's easier to stay sane.

For how long?
If I remember right, the fat fast that was on their web site was 5
days long - a very long 5 days.

The joy of the 7 pound weight loss just about equaled the pain, so I
don't have a lot of incentive to do it yet. Maybe next week.

In article <[email protected]>,
Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:31:28 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> If you've stopped losing and getting frustrated, then try the Atkins
> >> Fat Fast. You should lose 5 to 7 pounds in less than a week.
> >>
> >> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/carbsmart/fatfast.html
> >>

> >If you can stick with it... ;-)
> >It's easier to modify it slightly, eat a nice protein breakfast, then
> >only fat the rest of the day. It's easier to stay sane.

> For how long?
> If I remember right, the fat fast that was on their web site was 5
> days long - a very long 5 days.
>
> The joy of the 7 pound weight loss just about equaled the pain, so I
> don't have a lot of incentive to do it yet. Maybe next week.

Yeah, that's the way I felt...
This has been working for me, weight loss is about 1/2 lb. per day and
you can keep it up MUCH longer.

I'd be curious to see if you get the same results I do.

Watch the calories. ;-)

Cheers!
--

Sherman wrote:
> If you've stopped losing and getting frustrated, then try the Atkins
> Fat Fast. You should lose 5 to 7 pounds in less than a week.
>
> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/carbsmart/fatfast.html

That looks quite good, and simplifies the thinking needed to try it.

The small turnoff point is the author saying she does this several times
per year..... each time with some fast weight loss and a few pounds of
rebound gain on termination.

Any long term users..... especially those who used it to snap a plateau
and then never or rarely had to repeat this Fat Fast?

Jim

*** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***

In article <[email protected]>, jbuch@CUT_HERE.revealed.net
says...
> Sherman wrote:
> > If you've stopped losing and getting frustrated, then try the Atkins
> > Fat Fast. You should lose 5 to 7 pounds in less than a week.
> >
> > http://shop.store.yahoo.com/carbsmart/fatfast.html
> >

> That looks quite good, and simplifies the thinking needed to try it.
>
> The small turnoff point is the author saying she does this several times
> per year..... each time with some fast weight loss and a few pounds of
> rebound gain on termination.
>
> Any long term users..... especially those who used it to snap a plateau
> and then never or rarely had to repeat this Fat Fast?

I've never done a fat fast, despite losing very slowly and not at all
for weeks on end. That said, I've been SOOO tired lately due to the
stress of an impending move that I decided to forget counting calories
(I still account for them, I'm just not making an effort to keep them
low) and have gleefully added more fat -- lo and behold, my energy
levels have improved dramatically and I am continuing to get smaller
(not showing up on the scale yet, but that's my usual pattern -- get
noticeably (to me) smaller, THEN the weight drop shows up on the scale a
week or so later). My carb level is the same or less than before, so it
must be the fat that's helping. So if you are getting wiped out too
easily, consider upping your fat levels.

--
Saffire
205/132/125

jbuch wrote:
> Sherman wrote:
>
> > If you've stopped losing and getting frustrated, then try the Atkins
> > Fat Fast. You should lose 5 to 7 pounds in less than a week.
> > http://shop.store.yahoo.com/carbsmart/fatfast.html

> The small turnoff point is the author saying she does this several times
> per year..... each time with some fast weight loss and a few pounds of
> rebound gain on termination.

In other words there's water retention involved. Water
is not fat no matter that the scale registers both. It
clearly is not re"gain" because fat loss programs are
not water loss programs. This is a very important
point because if you fuss about water retention you
doom yourself to eternal self-imposed frustration while
if you eventually learn the difference between fat and
water you elevate yourself above that source of
frustration. The article is clear about the difference
because it mentions the net loss.

A point on how the fat fast is described in the 1993
edition of the Atkins book - The limit in the book is
7 days. For someone who never got into ketosis at 20
(under one percent of the population) it is a cycle of
3 weeks on Induction and 1 week on fat fast.

> Any long term users..... especially those who used it to snap a plateau
> and then never or rarely had to repeat this Fat Fast?

I haven't tried it myself but I've corresponded with
plenty who have do it. It is tactically an abuse because
the fat fast is for people who never got into ketosis at
20 so it's not for breaking stalls. Be that as it may,
my objection to abuses is doing them out of ignorance
and not knowing the dangers. As long as you can explain
to my why you're not qualified to do the fat fast, what
the dangers are, I'm happy to suggest it as a stall buster.

Over the years, I've studied why the fat fast works and
come up with a less radical way that works nearly as
well for busting stalls. It isn't even outside of
realm of regular Atkisn food - Find your CCLL by spending
a week out of ketosis and then going 5-10 below that
level (lower carbs is not why the fat fast works so well).
Find your minimum protein using a gram-per-pound guideline
or even better the chapter out of Protein Power, get to
that protein level without going above it. Find your
total calorie level using a calorie-per-pound guideline
or even better some custom-tuned system. Then do the
arithmatic to figure out your fat grams.

The deal is as long as you're in ketosis less carbs are
merely less calories. It's the fat-to-protein ratio
that controls the rate of ketosis. So more fat at the
expense of less protein is what triggers fat-fast level
stall busting. I've gotten a bunch of folks to volunteer
over the years and it works great.

I'll go through my numbers to illustrate what I mean.
My CCLL is 50 grams per day. At or below 50 I am in
ketosis losing and less doesn't give more loss. My
protein min per PP is 77 grams per day. Should I go
below 77 I would be subject to stalls but more than 77
is merely extra calories. That's 20*4 + 77*4 = 388
calories so far, call it 390 for round numbers.

I pick the guideline of 10 calaroies per pound of
ideal weight, and my ideal weight is 175-180. So my
target total calories for the day is 1800. Any more
is merely extra calories that interfere with loss.
1800 - 390 = 1410 calories from fat. 1410/9 = 157
fat grams per day.

So if I want to bust a stall without dropping calories
I will want to eat 50 grams of carb, 77 grams of
protein and 157 grams of fat per day. The level will
trigger the best ketosis and bust a stall. All without
going under my CCLL, without going low protein, without
going low calorie. In other words without any of the
risks of the fat fast. And if I chose to cut calories
the fat can be reduced to half that level without any
problems from insufficient fat.

You must be in great shape, Doug.

What's your bodyfat percentage like?

--

Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

--
news:[email protected]...

JC Der Koenig wrote:

> You must be in great shape, Doug.

Mentally, yes. I've learned the biology by making most
of the common mistakes and by studying more deeply than
most. Physically, that comes and goes in phases but it
never gets too great. As long as I can pick up a
loveseat of similar piece of furnitue and toss it, I am
happy with my strength situation.

> What's your bodyfat percentage like?

No clue. I hover around half way between my best loss
and my starting weight. It's a point I am happy with.
Lots of posters are not happy with their current weight.
Whether you approve of my weight or not is irrelevant
to me and to many on the newsgroup.

Just to check what your principle is, it boils down to
something worse than "Those who can't do, teach", right?
I have done, I do when I chose, I teach and the folks I
teach do. Would that you had such a record when working
with others.

Speaking of my working with others, the Escribe board
seems to have gone away. What other boards do folks
like to use other than ASDLC? I spent years on Escribe
and it's where I learned about the trends I discuss,
the trends I studied to explain.

I was wondering if your overly complex theories actually work in practice,
but obviously that was much too personal for you.

Now I have to wonder why you reacted so defensively to such simple
questions.

--

Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

--

JC Der Koenig wrote:

> I was wondering if your overly complex theories actually work in practice,
> but obviously that was much too personal for you.

The theories are hardly complex. They boil down to
following the directions of Atkins without searching
through the book for excuses to stay low.

The theories do work well in practice. I'd done most
of my own suggestions and they worked. I've talked
others into doing the rest of my suggestions and they
worked. What doesn't work is folks looking at my
suggestions, then citing excuses in the book for
staying low. Lots of people have done that, failed,
and disappeared over time.

> Now I have to wonder why you reacted so defensively to such simple
> questions.

That fact that's not what you asked has something
do do with it.

That was your shortest post of all time.

Congratulations.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

"Doug Freyburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JC Der Koenig wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if your overly complex theories actually work in
>> practice,
>> but obviously that was much too personal for you.

> The theories are hardly complex. They boil down to
> following the directions of Atkins without searching
> through the book for excuses to stay low.
>
> The theories do work well in practice. I'd done most
> of my own suggestions and they worked. I've talked
> others into doing the rest of my suggestions and they
> worked. What doesn't work is folks looking at my
> suggestions, then citing excuses in the book for
> staying low. Lots of people have done that, failed,
> and disappeared over time.
>
>> Now I have to wonder why you reacted so defensively to such simple
>> questions.

> That fact that's not what you asked has something
> do do with it.

On 8 Sep 2005 07:02:49 -0700, "Doug Freyburger" <[email protected]>
insisted on the following.. :

> JC Der Koenig wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if your overly complex theories actually work in practice,
> > but obviously that was much too personal for you.

> The theories are hardly complex. They boil down to
> following the directions of Atkins without searching
> through the book for excuses to stay low.
>
> The theories do work well in practice. I'd done most
> of my own suggestions and they worked. I've talked
> others into doing the rest of my suggestions and they
> worked. What doesn't work is folks looking at my
> suggestions, then citing excuses in the book for
> staying low. Lots of people have done that, failed,
> and disappeared over time.
>
> > Now I have to wonder why you reacted so defensively to such simple
> > questions.

> That fact that's not what you asked has something
> do do with it.

Doug,

You're giving this career troll the time of day. Beating a dead horse's
ass. You have good and useful information that fits some people, and not
others. What this "thing" thinks has been irrelevant even to his parents
since he started making noises out of his ignorant face hole.

Don't waste your time on this loser.