atkins / loose stool

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by anonymous, May 7, 2004.

  1. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    doesn't eating a lot of fat cause loose stools? does this
    mean that all these folks on atkins are having very messy
    bowel movements or am i missing something

    Tags:

  2. Wolfbrother

    Wolfbrother Guest

    > doesn't eating a lot of fat cause loose stools? does this
    > mean that all these folks on atkins are having very messy
    > bowel movements or am i missing something

    Absolutely not. I get about 60% of my calories from
    healthy fats and I have no problems. Human digestion is
    designed for animal fats and protein. The only time it
    has trouble is when too much of it is overly cooked.
    That is just one of the problems I have with Atkins. I
    don not recall that he ever advocated raw meat and
    because of that there can indeed be drawbacks to such a
    diet. It is best to eat as much animal foods raw as
    possible. Almost every culture has raw animal protein
    dishes, carpacio(Italy), steak tartare(France),
    kibbeh(middle east), and many others. Raw organ meats
    are also incredibly healthy and were highly valued by
    all traditional peoples. It only goes to show that in
    all traditional cultures humans knew the value of raw
    foods. Humans evolved off raw animal protein and our
    digestion is best suited for it. If one can not
    tollerate much raw meat in the diet the easyest way to
    get raw animal protein is unpasteurized dairy products.
    Good quality raw whole unhomogenized milk from grass fed
    cows is absolutely delicious!! It makes conventional
    milk seem like puke. Also raw butter from grass fed cows
    is one of the most wondrous foods.