atkins / loose stool

anonymous

Guest
doesn't eating a lot of fat cause loose stools? does this
mean that all these folks on atkins are having very messy
bowel movements or am i missing something

> doesn't eating a lot of fat cause loose stools? does this
> mean that all these folks on atkins are having very messy
> bowel movements or am i missing something

Absolutely not. I get about 60% of my calories from
healthy fats and I have no problems. Human digestion is
designed for animal fats and protein. The only time it
has trouble is when too much of it is overly cooked.
That is just one of the problems I have with Atkins. I
don not recall that he ever advocated raw meat and
because of that there can indeed be drawbacks to such a
diet. It is best to eat as much animal foods raw as
possible. Almost every culture has raw animal protein
dishes, carpacio(Italy), steak tartare(France),
kibbeh(middle east), and many others. Raw organ meats
are also incredibly healthy and were highly valued by
all traditional peoples. It only goes to show that in
all traditional cultures humans knew the value of raw
foods. Humans evolved off raw animal protein and our
digestion is best suited for it. If one can not
tollerate much raw meat in the diet the easyest way to
get raw animal protein is unpasteurized dairy products.
Good quality raw whole unhomogenized milk from grass fed
cows is absolutely delicious!! It makes conventional
milk seem like puke. Also raw butter from grass fed cows
is one of the most wondrous foods.