Atkins "obese" shots

>Subject: Atkins "obese" shots
>From: Bob [email protected]
>Date: 2/13/2004 10:51 PM Mountain Standard Time
>
>http://business2.blogs.com/business2blog/#a0000885084
>
>Bob

WHERE exactly were these .. obese 'shots' .. when he was alive .. ?

Just curious ..

Who loves ya.l Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

doe wrote:
>>Subject: Atkins "obese" shots From: Bob [email protected] Date: 2/13/2004 10:51 PM Mountain Standard
>>Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>>
>>http://business2.blogs.com/business2blog/#a0000885084
>>
>>Bob
>>
> WHERE exactly were these .. obese 'shots' .. when he was alive .. ?
>
> Just curious ..

Apparently your curiosity didn't extend to reading what was just above the pictures on the web site.

Let me help you:

"It's hard to believe Robert Atkins weighed 258 pounds when he died last April, as the Wall Street
Journal contended Tuesday. Last February, just a couple of months before his death, I had dinner
with the diet doctor at a French restaurant on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and was most
struck by how frail he seemed. He wasn't thin, but it was hard to see his physique exactly because
it was the day after a big blizzard and he was wearing a thick sweater. Atkins ordered fish, went
without bread or potatoes, and had cappuccino with cream. He did say something about wanting to
take off a few pounds. But we're talking three, not 50. These photos were taken for our story on
February 24, about two months before Atkins's April 17 death. Does he look as if he's 60 pounds
overweight to you?"

HTH

Let me guess. You support pernicious PETA and the wacko groups they support and the people who
distributed Atkins' medical records and the other wackos who want to ban foi gras in California and
the PCRM "we'll say anything" commandoes for a veggie-only world? Would that pretty much sum it up?

I clicked on these URL's below and they're an amazing mishmash of puzzling misinterpretation,
biblical tomfoolery, outright construction, bizarre unscientific conflations, and utterly
flawed logic.

Otherwise, the colors were pretty.

Bob

doe wrote:

>>From: Bob [email protected]

>>>WHERE exactly were these .. obese 'shots' .. when he was alive .. ?
>>>
>>>Just curious ..
>>
>>Apparently your curiosity didn't extend to reading what was just above the pictures on the
>>web site.
>>
>>Let me help you:
>>
>>"It's hard to believe Robert Atkins weighed 258 pounds when he died last April, as the Wall Street
>>Journal contended Tuesday. Last February, just a couple of months before his death, I had dinner
>>with the diet doctor at a French restaurant on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and was most
>>struck by how frail he seemed. He wasn't thin, but it was hard to see his physique exactly because
>>it was the day after a big blizzard and he was wearing a thick sweater. Atkins ordered fish, went
>>without bread or potatoes, and had cappuccino with cream. He did say something about wanting to
>>take off a few pounds. But we're talking three, not 50. These photos were taken for our story on
>>February 24, about two months before Atkins's April 17 death. Does he look as if he's 60 pounds
>>overweight to you?"
>>
>>HTH
>>
>>Let me guess. You support pernicious PETA and the wacko groups they support and the people who
>>distributed Atkins' medical records
>
> I consider the distribution of Atkins' medical records somewhat like .. insider trading ..

Insider trading. As though it were that glossingly superficial. If people have the expectation that
their medical records will be published, they're less likely to be completely forthcoming with their
doctors. Less forthcoming, less effective medical treatment. Less effective medical treatment, more
premature deaths. Sure. Just like insider trading.

> In medicine / pain / death .. though .. it .. is .. acceptable ..

It is acceptable to publish Atkins' medical records? Is it acceptable to publish yours? If yes, why
haven't they been published? If not, why not?

Looks like the argument that Atkins' records should be published because he urged people to a
certain dietary regimen hits you pretty squarely as well. You preach vegetarianism and should be
your own best example. Where are *your* medical records to document the healthful quality of the
dietary regimen? Where are the medical records of those vicious liars from PCRM who advocate
vegetarianism? Doesn't look like others are willingly offering their medical records, does it?
Wonder why? But it's ok to publish Atkins' because you fringies disagree with his assertions.
Very ethical.

> I don't follow PETA's antics .. except for the naked chicks ..;)
>
>>and the other wackos who want to ban foi gras in California and the PCRM "we'll say anything"
>>commandoes for a veggie-only world?
>
> Saying things which can be PROVEN incorrect .. scientifically .. can be .. detrimental ..

Go to the Chung school of cryptic, meaningless one-liners? Lose the double-dots and write sentences.
You'll look less incoherent and maybe convince somebody of something.

Saying that humans are vegetarians by nature can and has been demonstrated to be irrevocably wrong.
Dentition, digestive system, metabolic functions, enzymatic utility, vitamin and amino acid needs
all point to omnivorous evolution. Our closest primate relatives are omnivorous. Our anthropological
history is omnivorous.

So what's detrimental and to whom?

>>Would that pretty much sum it up?
>
> No ..
>
>>I clicked on these URL's below and they're an amazing mishmash of puzzling misinterpretation,
>>biblical tomfoolery, outright construction, bizarre unscientific conflations, and utterly
>>flawed logic.
>
> Your comprehension is .. flawless ..

Your information isn't. And that's *not* funny.

> Now THAT was funny ..
>
>>Otherwise, the colors were pretty.
>>
>>Bob
>
> Anything to lighten up your life .. buddyyy ..

Better if there were facts to do that.

Bob