Atkins: Pros and Cons

sonata32

Guest
Hello group,

I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet this
coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in this low
carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good diet or
not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be greatly
appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

Do your own homework.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

"sonata32" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hello group,
>
> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet
> this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in
> this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a
> good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will
> be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
> that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

induction will kick your ass.

all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
attack. I died last year.

Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
> attack. I died last year.

Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.

Mark

"sonata32" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| Hello group,
|
| I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet
this
| coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in this low
| carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good diet or
| not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be greatly
| appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

Geez, when I was in college I wasn't allowed to cite anonymous third party
opinions as research sources.

Good luck anyway, though you're best off reading and quoting low carb books
and research studies if you want to make the grade. Everyone here will say
that low carb is great, but then again this is a low-carb support group.
It's like asking a bunch of monkeys for the pros and cons of bananas.

Peter

sonata32 wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins

diet this
> coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in

this low
> carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good

diet or
> not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be

greatly
> appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

The Atkins diet and other low-carb diets are the most vile and wicked
entities that have descended upon humanity. As my pant-sizes have
shrunk, they [read low-carb diets] have single-handedly destroyed the
following productive and vital industries; Textiles (smaller clothes),
Interstate Bakeries Corp (manufacturer not baker of Twinkies), and
pasta manufacturers.

The low-carbs diets are bolstering the fast evil empire of beef
producers supplying the world with their SCRUMPTUOUS sizzling steaks
grilled to perfection (especially prepared au Poivre.) The entire
middle-east is aghast at the prospect of airliners saving on JET-A fuel
and former fat folk out-of-denial are slimming their way into smaller
more fuel-efficient vehicles. Even to the horror of the oil industry,
some are even [gasp], bicycling to work.

Last but not least is the recently embattled Pharmaceutical industry
whose cox-2 inhibitor products most recently pulled from the market are
reeling from the prospect that the low-carbers will no longer be in the
marketplace for their liver destroying fare like -statins for
cholesterol. Yes Sonata, low-carb diets are the devil incarnate. Tell
your class. Tell the world. Tell us your final grade when available.

marengo <[email protected]> wrote:
> "sonata32" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>| Hello group,
>|
>| I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
>| diet
> this
>| coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in
>| this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is
>| a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer. Any
>| feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.
>|
> Geez, when I was in college I wasn't allowed to cite anonymous third
> party opinions as research sources.
>
> Good luck anyway, though you're best off reading and quoting low carb
> books and research studies if you want to make the grade. Everyone
> here will say that low carb is great, but then again this is a
> low-carb support group. It's like asking a bunch of monkeys for the
> pros and cons of bananas.

Not everyone here does atkins, so some may definitely be able to site some
cons....like induction kicking your ass and your kidneys falling out. Foul
breathe is another one, too. I died of a heart attack last year, so I
definitely consider that a con.

"Mark McArthey" <[email protected]> writes:
> Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
> eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.

And don't forget to do what the commercials say! Beef with a side of
beef! Beef, cheese, and more beef!

Beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef . . .

And absolutely ZERO CARBS! Woot!

Sigh. Me, I had a chicken/onion/pepper stir fry for supper last
night.

Quoting "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]>:

>sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
>> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
>> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
>> that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
>> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

>induction will kick your ass.
>
>all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
>attack. I died last year.

Everyone cried at your funeral. Even JC. Okay, he wasn't really
crying outwardly. But I have a strong feeling that he was crying on
the inside, if you know what I mean.

And I think you do.

Also, there was much heaving of breastesses. Shocking and kinda
unseemly really.

Especially from that rather mysterious and chesty broad in the corner.

>Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

They were delicious.

RIP.

"DJ Delorie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Sigh. Me, I had a chicken/onion/pepper stir fry for supper last
> night.

LOL.
I made up some soy black bean burgers with onions, jalapenos, almond and soy
flour. Topped with some sour cream and salsa.. they're great. Super high
in protein, too. I just have to get some more soy black beans now since I
accidentily purchased regular black beans along with the soy ones. They
were sitting right next to each other on the shelf and the cans were nearly
identical. That'll teach me for being in a hurry. ;)

Mark

"Mark McArthey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
>> attack. I died last year.
>>

> Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
> eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.
>
> Mark

LOL that is too funny,.. sorry maybe i am just easily amused at 4:41 am but
LOL.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Goal 1- lose 20 lbs By May 1st

I like to wrap my bacon with eggs.
Dave
"Mark McArthey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
>> attack. I died last year.
>>

> Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
> eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.
>
> Mark

Reminds me of a skit Jay Leno did quite a few years ago... I saw it on Talk
Soup when John Henson was the host. It was for a turbo burger from Billy's
Burger Barn I believe. I wonder if I can find a clip of that somewhere on
the internet.

Dave

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:08:50 -0500, sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet
> this
> coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in this
> low
> carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good diet
> or
> not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be greatly
> appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

Go to www.lowcarbresearch.org for some cites. By the way, anyone know
when that site is going to be update? It's an invaluable reference source.

Actually, if you really want to shock your college, read here and report
what you find:

http://www.thincs.org/

--
Bob M
remove ".x" to reply

"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
>> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
>> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
>> that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
>> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

> induction will kick your ass.
>
> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
> attack. I died last year.
>
> Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

sorry to hear about your untimely demise :eek:(

Hi,
On 9-Mar-2005, Suze <suze_anderson@spamcop/dot/obvious> wrote:

> Quoting "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]>:
>
> >sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Hello group,
> >>
> >> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
> >> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
> >> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you
> >> feel that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for
> >> you
> >> answer.
> >> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your
> >> time.

> >induction will kick your ass.
> >
> >all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a
> >heart attack. I died last year.

> Everyone cried at your funeral. Even JC. Okay, he wasn't really
> crying outwardly. But I have a strong feeling that he was crying on
> the inside, if you know what I mean.

It's not his fault. He suffered a horrible bilateral tearduct injury.
A freak sunglasses accident caused sunlight to sear them shut
permanently. Somewhat akin to using a magnifying glass to burn holes
in leaves. Tragic really. Damn bigass 70s sunglasses....

Take care,
Carmen
--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

On 9-Mar-2005, "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:

> sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hello group,
> >
> > I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
> > diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
> > everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you
> > feel that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you
> > answer.
> > Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

> induction will kick your ass.
>
> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a
> heart attack. I died last year.
>
> Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

It's lost weight, isn't it? Stop complaining, ya whiner. <G>

Meanyhead McBlonde

--

On 10-Mar-2005, "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Hello group,
> >>
> >> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
> >> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
> >> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you
> >> feel
> >> that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you
> >> answer.
> >> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your
> >> time.

> > induction will kick your ass.
> >
> > all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a
> > heart
> > attack. I died last year.
> >
> > Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.
> >

> sorry to hear about your untimely demise :eek:(

Not me. Leaves more meaty-meat for the rest of us!

Meanyhead McBlonde
--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

The key is to determine the bias of the instructor that is grading you.
Then skew your paper to reflect his or her view. You'll get an "A."