Atkins: Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by sonata32, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. sonata32

    sonata32 Guest

    Hello group,

    I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet this
    coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in this low
    carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good diet or
    not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be greatly
    appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    Tags:

  2. Do your own homework.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "sonata32" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:7TOXd.57787$%[email protected]
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet
    > this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in
    > this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a
    > good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will
    > be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

  3. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    > diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    > everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
    > that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
    > Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    induction will kick your ass.

    all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    attack. I died last year.

    Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

  4. "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    > attack. I died last year.

    Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
    eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.

    Mark

  5. marengo

    marengo Guest

    "sonata32" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:7TOXd.57787$%[email protected]
    | Hello group,
    |
    | I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet
    this
    | coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in this low
    | carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good diet or
    | not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be greatly
    | appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    Geez, when I was in college I wasn't allowed to cite anonymous third party
    opinions as research sources.

    Good luck anyway, though you're best off reading and quoting low carb books
    and research studies if you want to make the grade. Everyone here will say
    that low carb is great, but then again this is a low-carb support group.
    It's like asking a bunch of monkeys for the pros and cons of bananas.

    Peter

  6. warehouse

    warehouse Guest

    sonata32 wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins

    diet this
    > coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in

    this low
    > carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good

    diet or
    > not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be

    greatly
    > appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    The Atkins diet and other low-carb diets are the most vile and wicked
    entities that have descended upon humanity. As my pant-sizes have
    shrunk, they [read low-carb diets] have single-handedly destroyed the
    following productive and vital industries; Textiles (smaller clothes),
    Interstate Bakeries Corp (manufacturer not baker of Twinkies), and
    pasta manufacturers.

    The low-carbs diets are bolstering the fast evil empire of beef
    producers supplying the world with their SCRUMPTUOUS sizzling steaks
    grilled to perfection (especially prepared au Poivre.) The entire
    middle-east is aghast at the prospect of airliners saving on JET-A fuel
    and former fat folk out-of-denial are slimming their way into smaller
    more fuel-efficient vehicles. Even to the horror of the oil industry,
    some are even [gasp], bicycling to work.

    Last but not least is the recently embattled Pharmaceutical industry
    whose cox-2 inhibitor products most recently pulled from the market are
    reeling from the prospect that the low-carbers will no longer be in the
    marketplace for their liver destroying fare like -statins for
    cholesterol. Yes Sonata, low-carb diets are the devil incarnate. Tell
    your class. Tell the world. Tell us your final grade when available.

  7. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    marengo <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "sonata32" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:7TOXd.57787$%[email protected]
    >| Hello group,
    >|
    >| I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    >| diet
    > this
    >| coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in
    >| this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is
    >| a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer. Any
    >| feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.
    >|
    > Geez, when I was in college I wasn't allowed to cite anonymous third
    > party opinions as research sources.
    >
    > Good luck anyway, though you're best off reading and quoting low carb
    > books and research studies if you want to make the grade. Everyone
    > here will say that low carb is great, but then again this is a
    > low-carb support group. It's like asking a bunch of monkeys for the
    > pros and cons of bananas.

    Not everyone here does atkins, so some may definitely be able to site some
    cons....like induction kicking your ass and your kidneys falling out. Foul
    breathe is another one, too. I died of a heart attack last year, so I
    definitely consider that a con.

  8. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    "Mark McArthey" <[email protected]> writes:
    > Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
    > eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.

    And don't forget to do what the commercials say! Beef with a side of
    beef! Beef, cheese, and more beef!

    Beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef . . .

    And absolutely ZERO CARBS! Woot!

    Sigh. Me, I had a chicken/onion/pepper stir fry for supper last
    night.

  9. Suze

    Suze Guest

    Quoting "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]>:

    >sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    >> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    >> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
    >> that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
    >> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    >induction will kick your ass.
    >
    >all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    >attack. I died last year.

    Everyone cried at your funeral. Even JC. Okay, he wasn't really
    crying outwardly. But I have a strong feeling that he was crying on
    the inside, if you know what I mean.

    And I think you do.

    Also, there was much heaving of breastesses. Shocking and kinda
    unseemly really.

    Especially from that rather mysterious and chesty broad in the corner.

    >Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

    They were delicious.

    RIP.

  10. "DJ Delorie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Sigh. Me, I had a chicken/onion/pepper stir fry for supper last
    > night.

    LOL.
    I made up some soy black bean burgers with onions, jalapenos, almond and soy
    flour. Topped with some sour cream and salsa.. they're great. Super high
    in protein, too. I just have to get some more soy black beans now since I
    accidentily purchased regular black beans along with the soy ones. They
    were sitting right next to each other on the shelf and the cans were nearly
    identical. That'll teach me for being in a hurry. ;)

    Mark

  11. Tori M.

    Tori M. Guest

    "Mark McArthey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    >> attack. I died last year.
    >>

    > Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
    > eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.
    >
    > Mark

    LOL that is too funny,.. sorry maybe i am just easily amused at 4:41 am but
    LOL.

    Tori

    --
    Bonnie 3/02
    Xavier 10/04

    Goal 1- lose 20 lbs By May 1st

  12. dcbryan

    dcbryan Guest

    I like to wrap my bacon with eggs.
    Dave
    "Mark McArthey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    >> attack. I died last year.
    >>

    > Don't forget eggs. Bacon AND eggs. That's about it. Sometimes I wrap my
    > eggs in bacon and grill them just for a change.
    >
    > Mark

  13. dcbryan

    dcbryan Guest

    Reminds me of a skit Jay Leno did quite a few years ago... I saw it on Talk
    Soup when John Henson was the host. It was for a turbo burger from Billy's
    Burger Barn I believe. I wonder if I can find a clip of that somewhere on
    the internet.

    Dave
    "DJ Delorie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > And don't forget to do what the commercials say! Beef with a side of
    > beef! Beef, cheese, and more beef!
    >
    > Beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef, beef . . .

  14. Bob M

    Bob M Guest

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:08:50 -0500, sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hello group,
    >
    > I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins diet
    > this
    > coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in this
    > low
    > carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is a good diet
    > or
    > not and provide some reason for you answer. Any feedback will be greatly
    > appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    Go to www.lowcarbresearch.org for some cites. By the way, anyone know
    when that site is going to be update? It's an invaluable reference source.

    Actually, if you really want to shock your college, read here and report
    what you find:

    http://www.thincs.org/

    --
    Bob M
    remove ".x" to reply

  15. nanner

    nanner Guest

    "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    >> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    >> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
    >> that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
    >> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    > induction will kick your ass.
    >
    > all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    > attack. I died last year.
    >
    > Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

    sorry to hear about your untimely demise :eek:(

  16. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi,
    On 9-Mar-2005, Suze <[email protected]/dot/obvious> wrote:

    > Quoting "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]>:
    >
    > >sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> Hello group,
    > >>
    > >> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    > >> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    > >> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you
    > >> feel that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for
    > >> you
    > >> answer.
    > >> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your
    > >> time.

    > >induction will kick your ass.
    > >
    > >all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a
    > >heart attack. I died last year.

    > Everyone cried at your funeral. Even JC. Okay, he wasn't really
    > crying outwardly. But I have a strong feeling that he was crying on
    > the inside, if you know what I mean.

    It's not his fault. He suffered a horrible bilateral tearduct injury.
    A freak sunglasses accident caused sunlight to sear them shut
    permanently. Somewhat akin to using a magnifying glass to burn holes
    in leaves. Tragic really. Damn bigass 70s sunglasses....

    Take care,
    Carmen
    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  17. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    On 9-Mar-2005, "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Hello group,
    > >
    > > I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    > > diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    > > everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you
    > > feel that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you
    > > answer.
    > > Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    > induction will kick your ass.
    >
    > all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a
    > heart attack. I died last year.
    >
    > Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

    It's lost weight, isn't it? Stop complaining, ya whiner. <G>

    Meanyhead McBlonde

    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  18. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    On 10-Mar-2005, "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> Hello group,
    > >>
    > >> I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    > >> diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    > >> everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you
    > >> feel
    > >> that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you
    > >> answer.
    > >> Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your
    > >> time.

    > > induction will kick your ass.
    > >
    > > all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a
    > > heart
    > > attack. I died last year.
    > >
    > > Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.
    > >

    > sorry to hear about your untimely demise :eek:(

    Not me. Leaves more meaty-meat for the rest of us!

    Meanyhead McBlonde
    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  19. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    The key is to determine the bias of the instructor that is grading you.
    Then skew your paper to reflect his or her view. You'll get an "A."