Atkins: Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by sonata32, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Bob M

    Bob M Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:46:31 GMT, Cubit <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The key is to determine the bias of the instructor that is grading you.
    > Then skew your paper to reflect his or her view. You'll get an "A."

    Stop giving out secrets!

    --
    Bob in CT

  2. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > marengo <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> "sonata32" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:7TOXd.57787$%[email protected]
    >>| Hello group,
    >>|
    >>| I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    >>| diet
    >> this
    >>| coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask everyone in
    >>| this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel that it is
    >>| a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer. Any
    >>| feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.
    >>|
    >> Geez, when I was in college I wasn't allowed to cite anonymous third
    >> party opinions as research sources.
    >>
    >> Good luck anyway, though you're best off reading and quoting low carb
    >> books and research studies if you want to make the grade. Everyone
    >> here will say that low carb is great, but then again this is a
    >> low-carb support group. It's like asking a bunch of monkeys for the
    >> pros and cons of bananas.

    > Not everyone here does atkins, so some may definitely be able to site some
    > cons....like induction kicking your ass and your kidneys falling out.
    > Foul
    > breathe is another one, too. I died of a heart attack last year, so I
    > definitely consider that a con.

    Well at least you got the whole death thing out of the way nice and early.
    Now you don't have to worry about falling down steps, getting hit by a car,
    falling out of a window, being poisoned...

    Some velcro, a zipper or two and some string will help you from loosing your
    kidneys when they fall out . Granted you get funny looks when you don't feel
    them dangle, but if you just say lowcarb they will all understand.

    Angie

  3. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:28:26 -0700, "AngieRose"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some velcro, a zipper or two and some string will help you from loosing your
    >kidneys when they fall out . Granted you get funny looks when you don't feel
    >them dangle, but if you just say lowcarb they will all understand.

    I find Duct Tape works very well to help me keep track. Of course,
    that might just be my decades in the SCA...

    Aramanth

  4. Ada Ma

    Ada Ma Guest

    Roger Zoul wrote:

    > sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello group,
    >>
    >>I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    >>diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    >>everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
    >>that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
    >>Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    > induction will kick your ass.
    >
    > all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    > attack. I died last year.
    >
    > Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.

    OMG - I can't believe that I missed your obituary!

  5. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Ada Ma <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Roger Zoul wrote:
    >
    >> sonata32 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello group,
    >>>
    >>>I will be doing a presentation on the pros and cons of the Atkins
    >>>diet this coming Monday for a college course I am taking. I ask
    >>>everyone in this low carb diet like the atkins to tell me if you feel
    >>>that it is a good diet or not and provide some reason for you answer.
    >>>Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, Thank-you for your time.

    >> induction will kick your ass.
    >>
    >> all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    >> attack. I died last year.
    >>
    >> Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.
    >>

    > OMG - I can't believe that I missed your obituary!

    didn't you miss me?

  6. Ada Ma

    Ada Ma Guest

    Roger Zoul wrote:
    > Ada Ma <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Roger Zoul wrote:

    >>>induction will kick your ass.
    >>>
    >>>all that bacon and those bunless cheese burgers will give you a heart
    >>>attack. I died last year.
    >>>
    >>>Your kidneys will fall out. I lost mine somewhere.
    >>>

    >>OMG - I can't believe that I missed your obituary!

    > didn't you miss me?

    oooops, I got overly excited about the obituary that I've totally forgot about
    you! ;-)

  7. Ada Ma

    Ada Ma Guest

    Aramanth Dawe wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:28:26 -0700, "AngieRose"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Some velcro, a zipper or two and some string will help you from loosing your
    >>kidneys when they fall out . Granted you get funny looks when you don't feel
    >>them dangle, but if you just say lowcarb they will all understand.

    > I find Duct Tape works very well to help me keep track. Of course,
    > that might just be my decades in the SCA...
    >
    > Aramanth

    And I thought you were wearing some skin tight sexy outfit - all those men just
    couldn't help looking at you - you didn't tell me it was duct tape!!!! now I
    know how to attract men, duct tape is the key.

  8. On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:39:53 +0000, Ada Ma
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Aramanth Dawe wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:28:26 -0700, "AngieRose"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Some velcro, a zipper or two and some string will help you from loosing your
    >>>kidneys when they fall out . Granted you get funny looks when you don't feel
    >>>them dangle, but if you just say lowcarb they will all understand.

    >> I find Duct Tape works very well to help me keep track. Of course,
    >> that might just be my decades in the SCA...
    >>
    >> Aramanth

    >And I thought you were wearing some skin tight sexy outfit - all those men just
    >couldn't help looking at you - you didn't tell me it was duct tape!!!! now I
    >know how to attract men, duct tape is the key.

    Yep. Wind it around tight enough and you've got an instant corset!

    Aramanth