Atlanta Area Routes?

thombo

Nov 26, 2005
I'm in the Metro Atl area (marietta/kennesaw area to be exact) for the next month (home on xmas break) and I'm looking for some good routes (around 20 miles or so) to get some good, relatively safe exercise. I biked around Kennesaw today and it was alright for parts, but hard to avoid very crowded streets. Anyway, anyone have any fun, interesting routes to recommend? perhaps in and around buckhead, marietta, etc? I'm willing to drive to find good places to ride.

Thanks for any help.

Bruce

dbosler said:
Have you tried the Roswell Sunday Winter Ride? It's on Thursday nights and I heard it's pretty good. Here's the URL http://www.bikeroswell.com
Looks good, thanks for the resource. I think i'm gonna head over to Marietta square and do a modified version of the "Coffee & Bagel Ride" found on ATLbike.org ( posted a similar thread on the regional board and got a helpful response as well.

well, yeah i think that'll unfortunately be right toward the end of the ride... I used to run cross country there, so I can't imagine its much more difficult.

thombo said:
well, yeah i think that'll unfortunately be right toward the end of the ride... I used to run cross country there, so I can't imagine its much more difficult.
Just got back from my ride around Marietta/West Cobb and I gotta recommend the route to anyone willing to venture out this way. I took a modified, 20+ mile loop, but the route (which i will link below) in full is over 50 miles. Its a really nice ride, with a mix of up and downhills and stays away from a lot of traffic (which is very difficult around here) save for the few mile stretch on Barrett Pkwy. Anyway, a link to the map which was posted on www.atlbike.org is below:

http://www.atlbike.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=60

Thanks for the help finding this route, and maybe i'll see some of y'all on the road.

Bruce, you are welcome to join us on a group ride in Cartersville.

We have been riding (on occasional Saturdays) with a group starting at the brewery and riding the back roads near Cartersville.