Atlanta wheelbuilder

mike

Guest
Wondering if anyone knows a good wheelbuilder in Atlanta. Bought a
Mavic OP 32 3x that keeps going out of true. Took it to a local LBS
and went back out of true after the first ride. Bought the wheel out
of the box, so may be a poor build.

mike wrote:
> Wondering if anyone knows a good wheelbuilder in Atlanta. Bought a
> Mavic OP 32 3x that keeps going out of true. Took it to a local LBS
> and went back out of true after the first ride. Bought the wheel out
> of the box, so may be a poor build.

I got t-boned on a set of wheels built at In-Town Bikes off of Monroe
Street (near 10th) and they didn't even need truing.

I've also had no problems so far with my rear wheel built at Bike South
in Decatur.

mike wrote:
> Wondering if anyone knows a good wheelbuilder in Atlanta. Bought a
> Mavic OP 32 3x that keeps going out of true. Took it to a local LBS
> and went back out of true after the first ride. Bought the wheel out
> of the box, so may be a poor build.

we ship to Atlanta
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Aug 27, 11:10 am, mike <[email protected]> wrote:
> Wondering if anyone knows a good wheelbuilder in Atlanta. Bought a
> Mavic OP 32 3x that keeps going out of true. Took it to a local LBS
> and went back out of true after the first ride. Bought the wheel out
> of the box, so may be a poor build.

Scott Hodge, owner of Addictive Cycles, is the guy manning the Mavic
car at the TdG. Alan Smith at REI inside the perimeter. Only two
folks I would consider. Both have been doing it for a long time and
build old-fashioned wheels that last a long time.
-Mike

mowens61-gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 27, 11:10 am, mike <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Wondering if anyone knows a good wheelbuilder in Atlanta. Bought a
>> Mavic OP 32 3x that keeps going out of true. Took it to a local LBS
>> and went back out of true after the first ride. Bought the wheel out
>> of the box, so may be a poor build.

> Scott Hodge, owner of Addictive Cycles, is the guy manning the Mavic
> car at the TdG. Alan Smith at REI inside the perimeter. Only two
> folks I would consider. Both have been doing it for a long time and
> build old-fashioned wheels that last a long time.
> -Mike

I haven't had any wheels built by Alan, but he is indeed a good guy.

\\paul

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:16:20 -0700, "mowens61-gmail.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Aug 27, 11:10 am, mike <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Wondering if anyone knows a good wheelbuilder in Atlanta. Bought a
>> Mavic OP 32 3x that keeps going out of true. Took it to a local LBS
>> and went back out of true after the first ride. Bought the wheel out
>> of the box, so may be a poor build.

>Scott Hodge, owner of Addictive Cycles, is the guy manning the Mavic
>car at the TdG. Alan Smith at REI inside the perimeter. Only two
>folks I would consider. Both have been doing it for a long time and
>build old-fashioned wheels that last a long time.
>-Mike

Both Scatt and Allen have good stories as they fix your wheels.