Atrial Fib.

That's what I mean. A 24 hour heart monitor, they didn't give me any of the
other information. I guess it's to see how the heart reacts during your
regular
Day...Huh?.....Nel

> >My best to you guys too. I'm to wear a monitor I was told today. Has

anyone
> >had that?

> do you mean a 24 hours dynamic ecg device, alias Holter monitor?
> Or what else?
> --
> uplbet
> (in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

It's just a monitor that keeps a running ECG of your heart rhythm on a
continuous basis , usually for 24 hours ( in my experience) . It's
about the size of a paperback book and ECG leads connect to it from
your chest area, I think 3 leads

Bob

"Nel" <[email protected]> wrote:

>That's what I mean. A 24 hour heart monitor, they didn't give me any of the
>other information. I guess it's to see how the heart reacts during your
>regular
>Day...Huh?.....Nel
>

>> >My best to you guys too. I'm to wear a monitor I was told today. Has

>anyone
>> >had that?

>> do you mean a 24 hours dynamic ecg device, alias Holter monitor?
>> Or what else?
>> --
>> uplbet
>> (in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

Wonder how you sleep with that thing :) Maybe you can move it around.
I hope so.....Nel

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:24:01 GMT, "Nel" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Wonder how you sleep with that thing :) Maybe you can move it around.
>I hope so.....Nel

I underwent Holter test around eight times in the last eight years and
always slept (almost) fine.
Do not worry at all.
The test can be *very* useful.
Upon fitting the device, normally the is offered a couple of choices
as to to wearing the "radio".
Obviously one should not take a shower that day.
One can even make love, if he/she wishes so ;-)

Regards
--
uplbet
(in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

I remember the monitor now. Thanks,They had me on one the two times I was in
the hospital for my Afib. I remember turning over and having to move that
thing around with me. It's the thing that's put in your pocket in those
awful gowns, huh? Don't think I will be making love though....:) Nel

> I underwent Holter test around eight times in the last eight years and
> always slept (almost) fine.
> Do not worry at all.
> The test can be *very* useful.
> Upon fitting the device, normally the is offered a couple of choices
> as to to wearing the "radio".
> Obviously one should not take a shower that day.
> One can even make love, if he/she wishes so ;-)
>
> Regards
> --
> uplbet
> (in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

I think the one in the hospital that you are referring to is a
transmitter that sends your information to a receiver which displays
it on the monitor at the nurses station so they can see what you heart
is doing. The Holter is just a recorder, and if memory serves me
correctly, is slightly larger than the hospital unit, with not so many
leads.

Bob

"Nel" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I remember the monitor now. Thanks,They had me on one the two times I was in
>the hospital for my Afib. I remember turning over and having to move that
>thing around with me. It's the thing that's put in your pocket in those
>awful gowns, huh? Don't think I will be making love though....:) Nel
>

>> I underwent Holter test around eight times in the last eight years and
>> always slept (almost) fine.
>> Do not worry at all.
>> The test can be *very* useful.
>> Upon fitting the device, normally the is offered a couple of choices
>> as to to wearing the "radio".
>> Obviously one should not take a shower that day.
>> One can even make love, if he/she wishes so ;-)
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> uplbet
>> (in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

Thanks Bob,
There are so many gadgets now, I thought that was it. As I remember it
did have the leads all over me like an EKG. So this holster thingy is
bigger? That's going to be fun carrying that around all day. I think they
said 3 leads?
Take care and thanks......Nel

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:55:55 GMT, "Nel" <[email protected]> wrote:

> There are so many gadgets now, I thought that was it. As I remember it
>did have the leads all over me like an EKG. So this holster thingy is
>bigger? That's going to be fun carrying that around all day. I think they
>said 3 leads?

with the Holter staff, I think the leads are as many as with the
transmitter, but they are all normally well fixed in such a way that
they cannot move during the 24 hours test. It's the Holter "box" that
is rather bigger.

But again, don't worry and go ahead!

By the way, you will probably be requested to shave (by yourself, at
home) all over your chest where the ekg electrodes will have to be
fixed: this I found to be the more annoying operation of the entire
procedure ...

Regards
--
uplbet
(in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

I won't have to worry about shaving. I have no hair on my chest.(I'm a
lady):) When I had my EKG the other day though, she did ask me if I had on
lotion, and of course I did. The things wouldn't stick I guess. Never had
them mentions that before.
I sure hope it's the little box as I'll be busy Wednesday. They wanted me
to come in Monday and take it off Tuesday, but I'm going to Oak Glen Tuesday
to get apples, gift shops and EAT and they have to have two days so it will
be Wednesday and take it off Thursday.....Thanks again for the
info.......Nel

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:52:28 GMT, "Nel" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I won't have to worry about shaving. I have no hair on my chest.(I'm a
>lady):)

oopss ... :))

Best regards and wishes
--
uplbet
(in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

Well, I had my monitor on for the 24 hours. It was a box about 3X6 and had 7
leads. They taped them down on my chest. She used sensitive tape as I am
fair. It didn't do any damage. My problem mostly was I couldn't tuck in my
shirt, and if I didn't I looked like I had a huge lump on my stomach...:) I
had a busy day and maybe people just thought it was a cell phone or radio..
I was glad to get it off, but wasn't that bad...
Thanks guys, and my best to you too....Nel

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:32:32 GMT, "Nel" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, I had my monitor on for the 24 hours

with good test results, I hope.
Regards
--
uplbet
(in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

I haven't heard so maybe that's a good thing....
thanks....Nel

:

> >Well, I had my monitor on for the 24 hours

> with good test results, I hope.
> Regards
> --
> uplbet
> (in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

They will just tell you what is happening to your heart rhythm.
PVC's. PAC's. A-Fib, etc....Most of these are not a big deal and may
or may not need medication. ( PS, I am not a doctor, just a patient)

Bob

"Nel" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I haven't heard so maybe that's a good thing....
>thanks....Nel
>
>:
>>
>> >Well, I had my monitor on for the 24 hours

>> with good test results, I hope.
>> Regards
>> --
>> uplbet
>> (in email reply delete OFFSPAM from the address)

Still haven't heard. It was last week, so maybe it's good. I know I have
Atrial Fib. For the last 4 years I've had 4 episodes. Maybe they think I
have something else too? ugh!!
Nel