atrial fib

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by jo, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. jo

    jo Guest

    I have a friend who has been dealing with atrial fib all year. They
    have recently put him on Betapace (2 months) his heart went into a.fib
    last night even being on the medicine. He is 57, eats very healthy and
    excersises regularly. He was told to limit alcohol consumption. Can
    alcohol, even when it is limited, cause a.fib? Does alcohol interfere
    with Betapace?

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (jo) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a friend who has been dealing with atrial fib all year. They
    > have recently put him on Betapace (2 months) his heart went into a.fib
    > last night even being on the medicine. He is 57, eats very healthy and
    > excersises regularly. He was told to limit alcohol consumption. Can
    > alcohol, even when it is limited, cause a.fib?

    Yes.

    > Does alcohol interfere
    > with Betapace?

    Yes.