ATT: Ewep

G

Dont know if I've asked you this before (short memory I'm afraid) but where about's int Alberton do you stay ? Do you ride the Lido/Eikenhof route at all ?

I live in New Redruth (near Reading Golf Course). Yes, I do ride the Lido and Eikenhof route, mostly on weekends as it is a bit dangerous if you ride alone in the dark. Why?

I noticed you mentioned Alberton in one of your other posts. I'm from Verwoerd Park. I do the Eikenhof route every Sunday.

Ouzo, what's your avg. speed and route?

Normaly I go from my house, past the race course, onto Swartkoppies and just keep going. On sunday we when a little further and took the old Vereeniging road until the Tjunction. Averaged 27km/h over the 72km.

when I just do Lido and back, it's 42 km and I normaly avergae close on 30km/h.

Would like to join you in 4 weeks time (after base). I might be able to keep up (but just) ;D

Would like to join you in 4 weeks time (after base).  I might be able to keep up (but just)  ;D
It sounds fast, but believe me it was not. I think it has something to do with the tail wind on the first 35km.

Would be cool if you could join me, I'm always keen for more cycling partners.

B.T.W. for hill training try old Alberton (aka Alberton North). I normally pick a hill and go up and down it until I cant anymore. My favourite is the one past Alberton Hardware, all the way to the top.