Att: MadoneMan (Warning: Bike ****)



flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
"So black even the white bits are black"

funny how flames always make a comeback. Im waiting for the Sandman moonscape look to make a comeback
 

madoneman

New Member
Feb 25, 2004
15
0
0
Hey Flyingdutch,

Don't laugh, have you seen the new range of Fondriest frames. They come straight out of the 70's Sandman era.

Cheers

Madone Man


Originally posted by flyingdutch
"So black even the white bits are black"

funny how flames always make a comeback. Im waiting for the Sandman moonscape look to make a comeback
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
Originally posted by madoneman
Hey Flyingdutch,

Don't laugh, have you seen the new range of Fondriest frames. They come straight out of the 70's Sandman era.

Cheers

Madone Man

Yes, but do they have the well-indowded woman in the foreground?

Or the carpet on the tops...
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
oohohohohohohohoh!

i think Im in luurrrrvvvvv!

now if they could just teach them to cook, you would have yourself the perfect bike...
 

Hitchy

New Member
Jan 26, 2004
1,876
0
0
Originally posted by madoneman
Thanks Hippy,

Ive got the Madone, now I have to emulate Lances 5 tour wins (That is E grade in the Vets).

Cheers

Madone Man


G'day,

its too bad the 'madone' is so damn ugly.........Oh sorry, my mistake, its the rider!.....hey can i have the madone after you lose your racing licence for running red lights?....or if you get 6mths at the 'Big House'??....promise I'll look after it...really!,

cheers,

Hitchy
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
No he wont!

he'll put more shimano on it and crash it at Sunbury!!! :)

give it to me. maybe I can hang on to the bunch at Kew tomorrow...
 

hippy

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
1,806
0
0
43
Originally posted by flyingdutch
he'll put more shimano on it and crash it at Sunbury!!! :)
give it to me. maybe I can hang on to the bunch at Kew tomorrow...

It's a Trek... it's BUILT for Shimano! :)

..and if you want it crashed.. there's really only one rider
you should be talking to ;0)

hippy
- currently thinking about a second-hand Trek 5200 with
10spd Chorus on it, just for a laugh/test/experiment...
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
Originally posted by hippy
It's a Trek... it's BUILT for Shimano! :)

..and if you want it crashed.. there's really only one rider
you should be talking to ;0)

hippy
- currently thinking about a second-hand Trek 5200 with
10spd Chorus on it, just for a laugh/test/experiment...

STIs/Ergos from 1 lap at dawn, sir!!!

(and they aint built for shimano in Europe)

PS i did the perfect fall (if there is such a thing) the other morning.
entering underground carpark at work and 'lost it' on a bit of diesel oil.
bike went left, I went right. executed perfect tumble over bars and right shoulder into vertical stand and 2 steps later stationary, looking at bike.
Do they practice that at track ? (and do you teach it? :p)
 

hippy

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
1,806
0
0
43
>Originally posted by flyingdutch [/i]
>STIs/Ergos from 1 lap at dawn, sir!!!

hehe done! (can we make it noon though, I'm having
trouble waking up in the mornings..)

>(and they aint built for shimano in Europe)

Yeah, but what would those euros know? They still
drive Fiats and the like :)
I wonder what Lance thinks of Campag? Would
he swap if they were suddenly a better sponsor?

>PS i did the perfect fall (if there is such a thing)

The non-fall?

>bike went left, I went right. executed perfect tumble
>over bars and right shoulder into vertical stand and 2
>steps later stationary, looking at bike.

Sounds like one of my frequent mountain bike OTB
(over the bars) incidents... with less blood :-D

>Do they practice that at track ? (and do you teach it? :p)

No, but I'll have words with John. Maybe he can
incorporate it into the training sessions? Over winter I
might try throwing myself off ergos to practice "good falls" ;)

hippy
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
>STIs/Ergos from 1 lap at dawn, sir!!!

>hehe done! (can we make it noon though, I'm having
>trouble waking up in the mornings..)

I aint giving away my only advantage over you, young/single/bourbon-fuelled thang



>Yeah, but what would those euros know?
>>Wasnt the bike invented in europe - touche!
>>I wonder what Lance thinks of Campag? Would
>>he swap if they were suddenly a better sponsor?

LA inc would in a flash, but as he is gonna retire after number 7, i doubt we will ever see it

>PS i did the perfect fall (if there is such a thing)

>The non-fall?

"Fall-sans-Ouch" TM

>>Over winter I might try throwing myself off ergos to >>practice "good falls" ;)

you see? no cables at the bars means clean-OTBing :)

hippy [/B][/QUOTE]
 

madoneman

New Member
Feb 25, 2004
15
0
0
Hitchy,

If I go to prision I am taking the Madone with me. Anyway serious criminals "like red light runners" usually get to go to these farm prisions. I am sure that there would be a place their to ride.

Originally posted by Hitchy
G'day,

its too bad the 'madone' is so damn ugly.........Oh sorry, my mistake, its the rider!.....hey can i have the madone after you lose your racing licence for running red lights?....or if you get 6mths at the 'Big House'??....promise I'll look after it...really!,

cheers,

Hitchy
 

madoneman

New Member
Feb 25, 2004
15
0
0
FyingDutch,

You should get together with Hitchy and do a low speed carsh duet. Hitchy is an expert at this. Just ask him about is driveway adventures.

Madone Man

Originally posted by flyingdutch
STIs/Ergos from 1 lap at dawn, sir!!!

(and they aint built for shimano in Europe)

PS i did the perfect fall (if there is such a thing) the other morning.
entering underground carpark at work and 'lost it' on a bit of diesel oil.
bike went left, I went right. executed perfect tumble over bars and right shoulder into vertical stand and 2 steps later stationary, looking at bike.
Do they practice that at track ? (and do you teach it? :p)
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
Originally posted by madoneman
FyingDutch,

You should get together with Hitchy and do a low speed carsh duet. Hitchy is an expert at this. Just ask him about is driveway adventures.

Madone Man

That's nothin!!!
( we have all done this one!)
stopping at red lights (well...), and slowing to lineup next to that pole to lean on. reach out and miss pole.
headbutt pole, base-over-apex off bike and then spring up and look angrily at cleats/bike/road/passing-birds to try and delude onlookers you meant that!!!
 

hippy

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
1,806
0
0
43
>I aint giving away my only advantage over you, >young/single/bourbon-fuelled thang

Alright then, just be prepared for a caffeine-fueled duel..

>PS i did the perfect fall (if there is such a thing)
>The non-fall?
"Fall-sans-Ouch" TM

Unintended Bicycle Evacuation Recently
Without Registering Any Pain (UBER WRAP)

>>Over winter I might try throwing myself off ergos to >>practice "good falls" ;)

>you see? no cables at the bars means clean-OTBing :)

Real reason I took up track was so my delicates wouldn't
get caught on shifters, deraileurs, bidons and such... ;-)

hippy
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
UBER WRAP it is

Tshirt design to follow

... and you going down, hipsta!!!!!!!! :)

Me da king of dem caffiene-fuelled dayz-nights
( graphic design/advertising is an ugly battlefield )

this challenge is only 100m long, yeah?...........
(with me at the top of the hill and you at the bottom )
 

hippy

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
1,806
0
0
43
>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>UBER WRAP it is
>Tshirt design to follow

Cool :)

>... and you going down, hipsta!!!!!!!! :)

Don't make me laugh, skinny man :)

>Me da king of dem caffiene-fuelled dayz-nights
>( graphic design/advertising is an ugly battlefield )

You're forgetting I'm a programmer.. we rule the
land of non-nod. Just don't take a BAC reading post
race :)

>this challenge is only 100m long, yeah?...........
>(with me at the top of the hill and you at the bottom )

Have you _seen_ the size of my legs? You are gonna
need a longer runup than that! :-D (unless we are
going 'up' the hill! :-S)

hippy
ego @ 85% Max ;-)
 

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
0
0
>>Don't make me laugh, skinny man :)

I wish!!! Im 86kg and could easily drop another 5-10ish worth of extra ballast around the non-aero bits

>>You're forgetting I'm a programmer.. we rule the
>>land of non-nod. Just don't take a BAC reading post
>>race :)

didnt kno you were a propeller-head!
html/javascript/actionscript i can do
beyond that it looks like the matrix...

>>Have you _seen_ the size of my legs? You are gonna
>>need a longer runup than that! :-D (unless we are
>>going 'up' the hill! :-S)

Have you seen the size of my 'bike' ???
Im strappin the ergos onto one of these hahahahahahahahahaa!
http://www.dodge.com/ram_2500_3500/photos.html?context=ram_2500_3500-index&type=left