Attach LED - how?!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pat, Mar 15, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    How do you attach an LED light to things like clothing, or a Karrimor bag I have which has an 'led
    light loop' - my lights are all cateye with what I assume is their standard fitting.

    The answer is probably obvious, but again and as usual, I just don't know.

    tia

    Tags:

  2. You can get a nylon clip which comes with some of their lights. The light clips into that and it
    clips onto a belt etc.

  3. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 20:01:32 -0000, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:

    > How do you attach an LED light to things like clothing, or a Karrimor bag I have which has an
    > 'led light loop' - my lights are all cateye with what I assume is their standard fitting.

    The cateyes need an extra bit.

    I use cateyes generally, but for clipping to clothes, panier loops or so on I use the vistalight
    eclipse VL700 which has the relevant springy clip built in.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

  4. "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > You can get a nylon clip which comes with some of their lights. The light clips into that and it
    > clips onto a belt etc.

    I just bought such a clip for 95p from my LBS. It's even got a part code - "#544-0900 clip"

    SteveP

  5. Pat <[email protected]> wrote in message news:b500qr$238d[email protected]...
    > How do you attach an LED light to things like clothing, or a Karrimor bag
    > have which has an 'led light loop' - my lights are all cateye with what I assume is their standard
    > fitting.
    >
    > The answer is probably obvious, but again and as usual, I just don't know.

    Attach it to the frame - LEDs are very directional, and an LED pointing at the sky/ground is
    virtually useless. I even saw one on a ruckrack lid that appeared to be aimed at the ground just in
    front of the front wheel [1] - doubtless the rider thought he was adequately lit. but he was wrong.

    If you insist, many come with a belt-clip fitting.

    Andrew

    [1] it was a red LED on the back

  6. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Hi - thanks for the replies, clip it is, I'll ask at the lbs. I've got frame mounted lights btw -
    this is just for a bit extra.

    news:[email protected]...