Attaching a hose extension to a mini pump

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Hi :)

I think I had enough with CO2 inflators and I could use a nice portable pump anyway So I was checking some high pressure mini pumps.

I checked a sweet Alu Zefal One, the air profil micro that is small and supposedly can go up to 100 psi.

problem is that it doesnt have that hose extension that screws on the valve which seems very handy.

Do you know if I can attach an after market hose extension to a mini pump? Are the chuck threads Universal or something?

Fanks. :D

They should be universal. Those type of pumps work great without the hose extension though, especially with presta valve tires. Just be warned that it takes a lot longer to use a hand pump than CO2. I use CO2 most of the time when I have flats and it's just to get me home, it only takes 30 seconds to fill my tires up to 115 psi where I prefer it. When I use a mini hand pump it tends to take a couple of minutes to inflate and it's really hard to get it up to even 100 psi. Hope this helps you.

Ah yes, thanks, problem is that I only use CO2 so l wont carry a pump with mixed results.. I have blown a new tube, you cant pre-inflate the tube for installation and thats again to just go home.

I know how long it takes with the pump but with a hose extension it might be easier, plus some have an in-line gauge.

So you think I can attach this :

87083-zefal-manometre-universel-z-hose-aa.jpg

to this? :

0065434_zefal_air_profil_micro_mini_road_pump_sale_2600.jpeg

I don't know if that one would work. I can't really see how big the threads are on either the pump or the hose, but when I've used hose adapters on mini pumps, they don't help the pumping action much. It's just a bit easier to access your valve with the hose. If you have a local bike shop near you, go check out their pumps and test them out and see how comfortable you are pumping without a hose adapter for it would be way more convenient just to carry the pump and especially if you plan to put the pump on your frame. Hope this helps

Er...I've got a brave, bold idea. Why not just go out and buy a mini or micro pump that comes with a hose from the factory?

Lezyne, Serfas, Topeak, Sycros, SKS, Zefal all manufacture models with the hose you seek. We can get Lezyne replacement hoses here and I'm sure some of the other brands sell spare parts.

WarhawkP4 is pretty much correct. If a mini or micro pump is advertised to get you to 100 PSI, count on being able to achieve 75 PSI if you and three of your riding buds all pump until both arms cramp up.

Some of the CO2 inflators have a valve you can crack open to shoot in about 15-20 PSI worth of air which will allow you to check for tube pinching and/or tire bead seating before dumping the rest of the CO2 into the tube. The 'push to actuate' types can be used in this fashion also.

Back to your pump...

What you need is carbon. Aluminum is so 1980's.

Product-handpumps-crbnrddrive1.jpg

This baby has a hose and can get you to a claimed 160 PSI (Translation from Marketing Hype Speak to Engrish: "You'll be lucky to see 75 PSI without a hernia, cardiac infarction and a brain aneurism from the effort.").

But, you got to have some bling!

But wait! There's more!

We have a video just in case you're still not on the phone and ordering one right now!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Damnit! The embed **** isn't doing it tonight.

I don't know if that one would work. I can't really see how big the threads are on either the pump or the hose, but when I've used hose adapters on mini pumps, they don't help the pumping action much. It's just a bit easier to access your valve with the hose. If you have a local bike shop near you, go check out their pumps and test them out and see how comfortable you are pumping without a hose adapter for it would be way more convenient just to carry the pump and especially if you plan to put the pump on your frame. Hope this helps

Er...I've got a brave, bold idea. Why not just go out and buy a mini or micro pump that comes with a hose from the factory?

Lezyne, Serfas, Topeak, Sycros, SKS, Zefal all manufacture models with the hose you seek.

Because I can get the Zefal Air Profil Micro for 15 €. :D

The cheapest Lezyne one starts at 30 € and f@ck me if I spend double for a thing I will only use twice... :p

With another 3 euro for a hose that goes in the seat bag (or 5 for one with a gauge) I'm all set. :)

So the stated 100 PSI for the Zefal, not even close huh?. :(

Any recomendations for a short pump (maybe one of these double-extending ones? are they any good?)

Have you managed to get 100 psi out of any micro pump?

Havent seen anything from Topeak around here... They say they also have some sweet mini pumps...

Last edited:
Yuro's? Yuro's?

You need to follow the Syrian train up to Germany. With a few well practiced Aloha Snackbar's you'll have a high paying job in a VW factory in no time.

Yuro's? Yuro's?

You need to follow the Syrian train up to Germany. With a few well practiced Aloha Snackbar's you'll have a high paying job in a VW factory in no time.

Ι think Ι Should go to Sao Paolo! I can grow "tomatoes" there too! And the Womanz are... Oh!

I used another CO2 can and my Fingers got numb! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Because I can get the Zefal Air Profil Micro for 15 €. :D

The cheapest Lezyne one starts at 30 € and f@ck me if I spend double for a thing I will only use twice... :p

Have you managed to get 100 psi out of any micro pump?

There are Lezyne wannabes for $30. After you add up you cheap pump, the hose and the hassle of collecting the stuff, it's much easier to just buy a pump with a hose.

I've gotten 90 psi out of my Lezyne. That's when it starts to get hot like it's overworking. I figured the 160 claim was BS but I just need something to get me back to a real pump.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 19