Attaching ErgoBrain on Deda Synapsi[stem]

puma

Jul 23, 2003
Hello all. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach the Campy ErgoBrain to the Deda Synapsi bar. I've considered several options:

OPTION 1
synapsi_GrandeSpaceCockpit.jpg

but I think it extends the brain too far out and cable routing may be an issue

OPTION 2-run an extended minoura space saver back towards the stem
picserver.jpeg

but I fear it would get in the way

So I've decided the best approach is to just attach it to the top of the stem as seen done by most all on the "non-traditional" bars (
twins036.jpg
). The thing is that the ErgoBrain's cradle makes it rather bulky, and its wiring comes out the back of the cradle, which makes it even harder to lay it on top of the stem. So how have you guys set it up (I'm open to any suggestions, maybe even the option/s I listed above actually work well, let me know). And if you put it on the stem, how exactly did you attach the cradle to the stem (twisty-ties, craddle drilling/modification, etc.). Thanks.

I've been trying to figure out for the past year a good way to attach my Shimano FlightDeck to my Synapsi bars. Finally found a good way - float it inside the triangle space. It makes the perfect "cockpit" for the computer. I'll try to post pics later tonight. What I had to do was take the regular mounting bracket, flip it upside down, and cut it almost in half. Basically I contorted the bracket and fitted it to the right side of the triangle upside down and it worked pretty well. Hard to explain, wait for the pics later...

SHAKES

puma said:
Hello all. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach the Campy ErgoBrain to the Deda Synapsi bar. I've considered several options:

OPTION 1
http://www.dedaelementi.com/img/articoli/synapsi_GrandeSpaceCockpit.jpg

but I think it extends the brain too far out and cable routing may be an issue

OPTION 2-run an extended minoura space saver back towards the stem
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/view_image.php/22560LY17XP/picserver.jpeg

but I fear it would get in the way

So I've decided the best approach is to just attach it to the top of the stem as seen done by most all on the "non-traditional" bars (http://gallery.consumerreview.com/roadbike/gallery/pictures/twins036.jpg). The thing is that the ErgoBrain's cradle makes it rather bulky, and its wiring comes out the back of the cradle, which makes it even harder to lay it on top of the stem. So how have you guys set it up (I'm open to any suggestions, maybe even the option/s I listed above actually work well, let me know). And if you put it on the stem, how exactly did you attach the cradle to the stem (twisty-ties, craddle drilling/modification, etc.). Thanks.

jimmyshakes said:
I've been trying to figure out for the past year a good way to attach my Shimano FlightDeck to my Synapsi bars. Finally found a good way - float it inside the triangle space. It makes the perfect "cockpit" for the computer. I'll try to post pics later tonight. What I had to do was take the regular mounting bracket, flip it upside down, and cut it almost in half. Basically I contorted the bracket and fitted it to the right side of the triangle upside down and it worked pretty well. Hard to explain, wait for the pics later...

SHAKES

Can you post the pics?

Thank ou

Fiocco

fiocco said:
Can you post the pics?

Thank ou

Fiocco
Actually I recently modified it. Since the aero section doesn't take all that much stress, I drilled a hole completely through one of the legs. Mounted the Flightdeck with some rubber grommets and red locktite, screwed it down tight, then filled in the hole with some black RTV (silicone) for added strength and vibration dampening (but still able to go through and remove if need be). Finished it off with some of the carbon shavings from all of the dremmeling, and you can hardly see where I went in. I would take great caution before doing this, but it has worked out well for me. Good luck.