Attempt at standup WW video clip

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by tylercox, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. tylercox

    tylercox Guest

    Here is a vid of a terrible attempt at standup WW. Now that I have seen
    the vid I know I have to lean back more I think. I'll definitely try
    that at the Uniques meet tonight (yes Steve, I am coming). It's the
    last one in the gallery here:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Freestyle-Movies

    --
    tylercox - 'Lil Freestylist

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    6 year old Kid - "Nice tricycle!"
    Me - "Thanks, but it's a unicycle. Trikes have three wheels, not
    one."
    Kid - *long silence and then walks away*

    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

  2. e39m5

    e39m5 Guest

  3. unicyclepa

    unicyclepa Guest

  4. e39m5

    e39m5 Guest

  5. dinmamma

    dinmamma Guest

    Some tips for improvement:

    Keep the instep of your non-driving foot on the crown, not the toes.

    Also, lean back when pushing the tire, so you'll have to glide more.
    That's get you farther.

    Edit: Lastly, calling it a "terrible attempt" is just fishing for
    somebody to tell you otherwise. If you really do think it's terrible,
    then you wouldn't wanna post it for people to see.

    --
    dinmamma
    dinmamma's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9995

  6. Stand on the middle of your on the frame foot, instead of the toes, as
    suggested already. Not that your not already doing it, but grip the
    saddle hard with your knees. When I was learning I rubbed the inside of
    my knee raw. It might help to raise your seat a little, unless its
    already up right under your knees.

    And, keep practicing.:)

    --
    forrestunifreak - A fine and pleasant misery

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.

    it has been known to the state of california to cause warts, toe jam,
    ring-around-the-collar, compulsive twitching, and in some severe cases,
    diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity, and
    traces of peanuts.

    'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)
    'World clock' (http://www.kondo3d.com/stereo/java/stereoclock-e.html)

  7. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    like some people already said, put the arch of your foot on the frame,
    not your toe. lean back more. go faster. put your arms out for
    balance. I think that's all....
    oh, and
    forrestunifreak wrote:
    > *And, keep practicing.:) *

    that too.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  8. leo

    leo Guest

    I never used much protection, only when it's needed. Sometimes wrist
    guards.
    More important is to take a place with all space to make UPD's. That
    would make you more relaxed up there.
    And to improve riding: look forward, not at the ground.

    --
    leo - Leo Vandewoestijne

    '+1 866-UNI-CYCL' (callto://+18668642925)
    'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

    'Subscribe' (http://unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
    'unicyclist.org' (http://unicyclist.org/)!
    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

  9. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    leo wrote:
    > *I never used much protection, only when it's needed. Sometimes wrist
    > guards.
    > *

    my rule of thumb is that I always use protection when learning a new
    skill, until I can do it pretty much all the time, or at least until I
    know there's no chance of hurting myself.
    and once I have it down, I sometimes wear the helmet, because you know,
    might as well....

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!