Attention Florida Bent Owners/Riders! Picnic Ride at Moss Park, Orlando, August 12th, 2006 at 8:30

Hi Gang!

You are all cordially invited to the Moss Park Picnic Ride hosted by my
bicycle club, The Florida Freewheelers on Saturday, August 12th, 2006.
The ride will start at 8:30 a.m. and you'll have a choice of doing 20
miles or as much as 55 miles and at the pace you're comfortable with.
You decide! Maps will be provided to you and cyclists of similar
abilities will usually band together in groups.

The ride of course will commence from Moss Park and will circle
beautiful Lake Mary Jane. Then it's out to Narcoossee Road where we'll
turn right (North) towards the Beach Line and for those doing the 20
mile ride, you will stop at the 7-11 on the corner of Narcoossee and
Jetport Drive, and then back to the park after a rest period. Those
choosing the longer rides will get the opportunity to ride and explore
several back roads and enjoy a refreshing rest stop and then head back
to Moss Park where everyone will enjoy a variety of food and drinks.
Also, there is swimming and other recreation so this could very well
become an all day event. There is always a lot of camaraderie amongst
our members/cyclists and would be delighted to have you on this ride
and picnic.

Since this is a Florida Freewheeler event, it is important that you
wear a helmet but it is just as important that you wear a smile as
well;-)) There is no fee to participate. The parking fee is $1.00 but
the club's Social Director, Tom, said that if you mention that you're
with the Florida Freewheelers at the gate, the club will pick up the
parking fee for you as well. You can't lose!

So come on out and ride with us. Let's have a show of force for
recumbents! Hope to see you there!

Directions:

Exit on Narcoossee Road (CR 15) off of SR528 (Beachline). South on
Narcoossee Road to Moss Park Road. Left on Moss Park Road to Moss Park
(4.6 miles).

Happy trails,
Edward Wong III
Orlando, FL
[email protected]

Sunbicycles EZ-1 Super Cruzer (Red)
Giant Suede SS

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi Gang!
>
> You are all cordially invited to the Moss Park Picnic Ride...

^^^

Would getting everyone who contributes to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
together on the same ride really be a good idea?

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain
Post Free or Die!

Hi,

For those of you who plan to attend the Moss Park Picnic Ride in
Orlando next Saturday, here is the physical address of the park so that
you can do a Mapquest or a Yahoo Local Maps search to get directions.

Moss Park
12901 Moss Park Rd
Orlando, FL 32832-6228
407-273-2327

Hope this'll be of help to those who aren't familiar with the area.
And remember that the date and time of the ride is August 12, 2006 at
8:30 am...that is the ride itself will start at about that time.
Please make an allowance in your estimated travel time to get to Moss
Park no later than 8:15 am.

See ya there!

Edward Wong III
Orlando, FL