attn bomba: faq suggestion

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
I was just perusing the faq again and ...

3.11 - Should I get disc brakes?
Disc brakes are great. In terms of stopping power, they just blow
everything else away.

Might you want to add something about how, below some nebulous price
point, money spent on a bike with disc brakes is just going to ensure
that costs were cut somewhere more vital on the bike?

I'm no expert, but it seems like this is a "frequently asked question"
around here ... "Should I get this $300 bike with full suspension and
disc brakes?"

--
monique

"Monique Y. Mudama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was just perusing the faq again and ...
>
> 3.11 - Should I get disc brakes?
> Disc brakes are great. In terms of stopping power, they just blow
> everything else away.
>
> Might you want to add something about how, below some nebulous price
> point, money spent on a bike with disc brakes is just going to ensure
> that costs were cut somewhere more vital on the bike?
>
> I'm no expert, but it seems like this is a "frequently asked question"
> around here ... "Should I get this $300 bike with full suspension and
> disc brakes?"

Nah, go for the $3,000 hardtail with disc brakes.

Why, you ask? Because I'm an expert at something, and when I figure it
out.....

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:06:26 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> I was just perusing the faq again and ...
>
> 3.11 - Should I get disc brakes?
> Disc brakes are great. In terms of stopping power, they just blow
> everything else away.
>
> Might you want to add something about how, below some nebulous price
> point, money spent on a bike with disc brakes is just going to ensure
> that costs were cut somewhere more vital on the bike?

Not really...

> I'm no expert, but it seems like this is a "frequently asked question"
> around here ... "Should I get this $300 bike with full suspension and
> disc brakes?"

It's about buying disc brakes, not bikes with discs. If in doubt,
see section 1.1 :)

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

"Monique Y. Mudama" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I was just perusing the faq again and ...
>
> 3.11 - Should I get disc brakes?
> Disc brakes are great. In terms of stopping power, they just blow
> everything else away.
>
> Might you want to add something about how, below some nebulous price
> point, money spent on a bike with disc brakes is just going to ensure
> that costs were cut somewhere more vital on the bike?
>
> I'm no expert, but it seems like this is a "frequently asked question"
> around here ... "Should I get this $300 bike with full suspension and
> disc brakes?"

Make your own FAQ if you don't like his.

JD