Attn giro and strada owners

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Mar 1, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    > Evo products from calhoun Cycles now has a underseat rack for the Giro and Strada. Looks good
    > $59.95 http://calhouncycle.com/evo.html

    Nice Photo of the Arkel Panniers, what does the rack look like?

    Can any one say if they work on M-5 seats or if they only attach to the built in underseat rack tabs
    of the Bacchetta seat?

    The X-Eyed Midship for the Bacchetta fit the rack tabs and sure simplify the installation over the
    RANS type MidShip racks.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Bethf

    Bethf Guest

  4. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Evo products from calhoun Cycles now has a underseat rack for the Giro and Strada. Looks good
    > > $59.95 http://calhouncycle.com/evo.html
    >
    > Neato Coolo. Will it fit standard panniers that I bought but never used?

    Those Arkels that you see instead of the rack are considered standard. The X-Eyed Midship manages my
    full size Ortlieb BackRollers (Something I could not manage with a MidShil on the Stratus (A
    function of the Stratus not the Midship)

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Bethf

    Bethf Guest

    "Cletus Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Evo products from calhoun Cycles now has a underseat rack for the Giro and Strada. Looks good
    > > > $59.95 http://calhouncycle.com/evo.html
    > >
    > > Neato Coolo. Will it fit standard panniers that I bought but never used?
    >
    > Those Arkels that you see instead of the rack are considered standard. The X-Eyed Midship manages
    > my full size Ortlieb BackRollers (Something I
    could not manage with
    > a MidShil on the Stratus (A function of the Stratus not the Midship)

    So they made the x-eyed to fit the giro now? Last time I looked it was in production.

  6. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > So they made the x-eyed to fit the giro now? Last time I looked it was in production.

    It may still be. I'm wearing a prototype.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  7. John Olson

    John Olson Guest

    Cletus, Have you rolled your cursor over the image of the panniers to see the rack? The picture of
    the rack looks good to me ; )

    I don't have a Bacchetta (yet) so I don't need the rack, but have had great luck with a variety of
    Calhouns' Evo stuff for a Bike E and a Rans Tailwind.

    John Olson

  8. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > Cletus, Have you rolled your cursor over the image of the panniers to see the rack? The picture of
    > the rack looks good to me ; )
    >
    > I don't have a Bacchetta (yet) so I don't need the rack, but have had great luck with a variety of
    > Calhouns' Evo stuff for a Bike E and a Rans Tailwind.

    There are 13 photos on that page the underseat rack is the only one with a 'mouseover' event. I
    build web pages for a living, you would think that I would discover that.

    Here are a couple of photos that John Schlitter sent me of the Bacchetta MidShip.
    http://www.clee.org/Cycling/MidShip/DSCN0041.JPG http://www.clee.org/Cycling/MidShip/DSCN0042.JPG

    - Bellaire, TX USA -