Attn: Quad city area riders-2003 AITC ride starts in Moline

Harryo

Guest
The 2003 AITC ride will start in Moline, IL. The ride has been changed rom a 3 day loop to a 1 day
loop, plus a 2 day loop. This gives those who can't, or don't wish, to ride all 3 days options for a
1, 2 or 3 day ride. This ride is a little different than most rides, with stops, throughout each
day, at elementary schools, for a presentation to the kids about the importance of agriculture in
their lives. This is one of the things that makes it so enjoyable to me. This is easily my favorite
ride, every year!

Also, it is a fundraiser for the Ag in the Classroom program so if you raise enough money, you can
essentially ride the entire ride for free, including 3 nights of lodging in first class hotels, all
meals and full ride support. The evening meals are outstanding. You can actually ride the long
routes each day, 270-300 miles total for 3 days, and still gain weight.

There is a handful of bent riders that participate each year and it would be great to get a few
more for all, or part of the ride. You can download a PDF file with a brochure for this year's
ride at: http://www.ilfb.org/uploads/files/2003%20Bike%20Ride%20Flyer_6057.pdf The brochure has
contact information and a basic map of each day's route. I'll also be happy to answer any requests
for more info.

Come on, Tom, we are coming to your backyard!

Harry Jiles

harryo wrote:
> ... Come on, Tom, we are coming to your backyard!

Harry,

I unfortunately will be observing a retaining wall being [1] built instead of riding. I am
considering riding the Tour DeWitt in your back yard on Saturday, if I am not working.

[1] There was even a picture of me there in today's Quad City Times.

> harryo wrote:
> > ... Come on, Tom, we are coming to your backyard!
>
> Harry,
>
> I unfortunately will be observing a retaining wall being [1] built instead of riding. I am
> considering riding the Tour DeWitt in your back yard on Saturday, if I am not working.
>
> [1] There was even a picture of me there in today's Quad City Times.

Too bad. I know he AITC ride's midweek schedule does make it difficult for participation by some.
The ride this year sounds great. Deere is picking up a big part of the tab and I believe we will
staying at the Radisson on John Deere Commons for Monday and Tuesday evenings. Maybe we can get
together for a post ride drink on Tuesday evening. I'm hoping Hal might consider the ride this
year, too.

I'll look for you at Clinton, Tom. I rode the Tour DeWitt last year and it was a nice ride. The
Clinton Area cyclers really did a great job putting the ride together for the first time, after
years of absence. The route markings were were probably the best I've seen on any ride. No map was
really needed, which was great for me, since I usually miss turns, even with a map!

Harry