Attn. Vultures Knob, Ohio veterans

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by MTBScottie, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    I'm going to be attending a MTB festival at Vultures Knob on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of May. Sounds
    like a great time, with day and evening group rides all weekend and Gary Fisher, Trek, and Klein
    bikes having demo bikes available. I'm planning on finally giving the 29" bikes a try. Anyway, just
    wondering what veteran riders from that area would recommend me to bring as far as which bike. The
    choices are my Kona Stinky, Giant Rainier, or my Redline Monocog single speed (which I'll probably
    bring anyway). Just wondering what type of terrain I'm looking at, i.e. technical, etc. Any info
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > I'm going to be attending a MTB festival at Vultures Knob on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of May. Sounds
    > like a great time, with day and evening group rides all weekend and Gary Fisher, Trek, and Klein
    > bikes having demo bikes available. I'm planning on finally giving the 29" bikes a try. Anyway,
    > just wondering what veteran riders from that area would recommend me to bring as far as which
    > bike. The choices are my Kona Stinky, Giant Rainier, or my Redline Monocog single speed (which
    > I'll probably bring anyway). Just wondering what type of terrain I'm looking at, i.e. technical,
    > etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Whoever named that place "Vulture's Knob" clearly knows NOTHING about biology!

    Andy Chequer.

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > I'm going to be attending a MTB festival at Vultures Knob on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of May. Sounds
    > like a great time, with day and evening group rides all weekend and Gary Fisher, Trek, and Klein
    > bikes having demo bikes available. I'm planning on finally giving the 29" bikes a try. Anyway,
    > just wondering what veteran riders from that area would recommend me to bring as far as which
    > bike. The choices are my Kona Stinky, Giant Rainier, or my Redline Monocog single speed (which
    > I'll probably bring anyway). Just wondering what type of terrain I'm looking at, i.e. technical,
    > etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    LOL, Fisher, Trek, and Klein! From the department of redundancy department...

    Bring all the bikes, and either:
    A) Look like a total bike pimp (not easily done)
    B) Look like philty poseur scum (that's accomplished with little effort)

    If Trek is demo-ing, then you know the Stinky will be overkill - especially since all the photos
    I've seen are of wide smooth singletrack. Grab the Ranier and the ABMX.

    Chris (still happily riding a Sugar, though, so wtf am I talking about in that first line)