ATV's @ Bear Brook S.P.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Feb 19, 2003.

  1. Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:14:21 -0500 Subject: Bear Brook ATV meeting - 2/26/03 7PM

    Notice of Public Meeting

    Proposed Plan for All-Terrain Vehicles in Bear Brook State Park

    The NH Department of Resources and Economic Development is considering a plan to open Bear Brook
    State Park to all-terrain vehicles and trail bikes (ATV/TB). If adopted, this plan would adversely
    affect: -- Allenstown Taxpayers: Increased taxes to pay for law enforcement and emergency response
    in the park. -- Property owners abutting the park: Increased ATV/TB traffic on your lands. --
    Campers, hikers, bikers, horseback riders and other users of the park: Loss of passive recreation
    trails to ATV/TB use.

    Due to strong public concern, the Allenstown Selectmen have organized a public meeting to make sure
    that Allenstown residents, neighboring communities, and other interested parties understand the
    proposed plan and what they can do about it.

    Meeting Date/Time: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 7 PM

    Meeting Location: Suncook Business Park Route 28 Allenstown, NH

    Directions: From the intersection of Routes 3 and 28 in Allenstown, head north on Route 28 for 0.6
    miles. Suncook Business Park will be on your right.

    Tags:

  2. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:14:21 -0500 Subject: Bear Brook ATV meeting - 2/26/03 7PM
    >
    > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    >
    > Notice of Public Meeting
    >
    > Proposed Plan for All-Terrain Vehicles in Bear Brook State Park
    >
    > The NH Department of Resources and Economic Development is considering a plan to open Bear Brook
    > State Park to all-terrain vehicles and trail bikes (ATV/TB). If adopted, this plan would adversely
    > affect: -- Allenstown Taxpayers: Increased taxes to pay for law enforcement and emergency response
    > in the park. -- Property owners abutting the park: Increased ATV/TB traffic on your lands. --
    > Campers, hikers, bikers, horseback riders and other users of the park: Loss of passive recreation
    > trails to ATV/TB use.
    >
    > Due to strong public concern, the Allenstown Selectmen have organized a public meeting to make
    > sure that Allenstown residents, neighboring communities, and other interested parties understand
    > the proposed plan and what they can do about it.
    >
    > Meeting Date/Time: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 7 PM
    >
    > Meeting Location: Suncook Business Park Route 28 Allenstown, NH
    >
    > Directions: From the intersection of Routes 3 and 28 in Allenstown, head north on Route 28 for 0.6
    > miles. Suncook Business Park will be on your right.

    I wish I could be there! Lawnmowers don't belong on public land!!!

    Jimbo(san)