ATV's @ Bear Brook S.P.

Clydesdalemtb

Guest
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:14:21 -0500 Subject: Bear Brook ATV meeting - 2/26/03 7PM

Notice of Public Meeting

Proposed Plan for All-Terrain Vehicles in Bear Brook State Park

The NH Department of Resources and Economic Development is considering a plan to open Bear Brook
State Park to all-terrain vehicles and trail bikes (ATV/TB). If adopted, this plan would adversely
affect: -- Allenstown Taxpayers: Increased taxes to pay for law enforcement and emergency response
in the park. -- Property owners abutting the park: Increased ATV/TB traffic on your lands. --
Campers, hikers, bikers, horseback riders and other users of the park: Loss of passive recreation
trails to ATV/TB use.

Due to strong public concern, the Allenstown Selectmen have organized a public meeting to make sure
that Allenstown residents, neighboring communities, and other interested parties understand the
proposed plan and what they can do about it.

Meeting Date/Time: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 7 PM

Meeting Location: Suncook Business Park Route 28 Allenstown, NH

Directions: From the intersection of Routes 3 and 28 in Allenstown, head north on Route 28 for 0.6
miles. Suncook Business Park will be on your right.

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:14:21 -0500 Subject: Bear Brook ATV meeting - 2/26/03 7PM
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Notice of Public Meeting
>
> Proposed Plan for All-Terrain Vehicles in Bear Brook State Park
>
> The NH Department of Resources and Economic Development is considering a plan to open Bear Brook
> State Park to all-terrain vehicles and trail bikes (ATV/TB). If adopted, this plan would adversely
> affect: -- Allenstown Taxpayers: Increased taxes to pay for law enforcement and emergency response
> in the park. -- Property owners abutting the park: Increased ATV/TB traffic on your lands. --
> Campers, hikers, bikers, horseback riders and other users of the park: Loss of passive recreation
> trails to ATV/TB use.
>
> Due to strong public concern, the Allenstown Selectmen have organized a public meeting to make
> sure that Allenstown residents, neighboring communities, and other interested parties understand
> the proposed plan and what they can do about it.
>
> Meeting Date/Time: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 7 PM
>
> Meeting Location: Suncook Business Park Route 28 Allenstown, NH
>
> Directions: From the intersection of Routes 3 and 28 in Allenstown, head north on Route 28 for 0.6
> miles. Suncook Business Park will be on your right.

I wish I could be there! Lawnmowers don't belong on public land!!!

Jimbo(san)