auctions

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Steve, May 8, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I have read here about people buying bikes at auctions to fix them up, how do I find out about
    local auctions?

    Tags:

  2. Steve wrote:
    > I have read here about people buying bikes at auctions to fix them up, how do I find out about
    > local auctions?

    newspapers..... bulletin board postings at Town Hall and Police Depts. etc.

    2 years ago I saw a G.F. Level Betty, and a Walgoose go together in the same lot for
    $150..... TOTAL.

  3. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Steve wrote:
    > > I have read here about people buying bikes at auctions to fix them up, how do I find out about
    > > local auctions?
    >
    > newspapers..... bulletin board postings at Town Hall and Police Depts. etc.
    >
    > 2 years ago I saw a G.F. Level Betty, and a Walgoose go together in the same lot for
    > $150..... TOTAL.

    I bought 4 bikes recently at a police auction for $30. The beach cruiser and Diamondback were both
    schweet. The 2 Huffys were like new. But fresh dog sh!t is also like new. Spent a couple hours
    sprucing up the Diamondback, giving it a check over and tune up, and it's in great shape. Put an IRC
    Mythos on the front, cleaned it up, did a little adjusting, put an old seat on it I had hanging up,
    and it's ready to play in the dirt.

    One other thing, check the websites of all local auction companies, and/or call and ask if they have
    any bikes being auctioned.

    Paladin