auctions

Steve

Guest
I have read here about people buying bikes at auctions to fix them up, how do I find out about
local auctions?

Steve wrote:
> I have read here about people buying bikes at auctions to fix them up, how do I find out about
> local auctions?

newspapers..... bulletin board postings at Town Hall and Police Depts. etc.

2 years ago I saw a G.F. Level Betty, and a Walgoose go together in the same lot for
$150..... TOTAL.

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Steve wrote:
> > I have read here about people buying bikes at auctions to fix them up, how do I find out about
> > local auctions?
>
> newspapers..... bulletin board postings at Town Hall and Police Depts. etc.
>
> 2 years ago I saw a G.F. Level Betty, and a Walgoose go together in the same lot for
> $150..... TOTAL.

I bought 4 bikes recently at a police auction for $30. The beach cruiser and Diamondback were both
schweet. The 2 Huffys were like new. But fresh dog sh!t is also like new. Spent a couple hours
sprucing up the Diamondback, giving it a check over and tune up, and it's in great shape. Put an IRC
Mythos on the front, cleaned it up, did a little adjusting, put an old seat on it I had hanging up,
and it's ready to play in the dirt.

One other thing, check the websites of all local auction companies, and/or call and ask if they have
any bikes being auctioned.

Paladin