Audax Alpine Classic

David80

Jan 28, 2008
First post back Dave80 has gone into the never never...

How good is the Audax Alpine Classic? Bloody Good.

This would easily be the best ride I have ever done. The organisation was excellent, everything ran smoothly and the whole vibe was really good. I came away very happy (fairly sore) feeling that it was money well spent (in contrast to other rides - ATB).

This was my first attempt, I did the 130km (Bright - Tawonga - Falls Creek - Tawonga - Bright). I felt the hardest part was the final climb up Tawonga - hats of to those who went on and did Buffalo. Next time I will stay the Sunday night so I can drink more beer and not have to drive back to Melbourne.

Yep very well run and good value as always. Well done, audax and all helpers.

Seemed to be alot of ambulances around this year - were there more than the usual number of crashes, heat exhaustion etc?

I really liked the water stop halfway up Tawonga Gap on the way back. It wasn't there the first time i did the Alpine Classic. They just keep making it better every year.

Did see a lot of ambulances though.

Lots of ambulances this year, butthey were great the st johns and paramedics treated my little brother who fell aftera puncture on the decent of tawonga gap second time around. He made it but i have notseen him so sore, might have been his busted ac joint. I love the classic and i will be back, to the marshalls a huge thank you and to the marshall half way up buffalo who washed the salt off, you are a dead set legend. well done to all who had a go and completed the ride.

David80 said:
. Next time I will stay the Sunday night so I can drink more beer and not have to drive back to Melbourne.

Don't worry Dave, I drank your share as well......& some :D