Audi 5000 and Yakima Rack fit

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Scott Demel, Feb 5, 2003.

  1. Scott Demel

    Scott Demel Guest

    Does anyone have an older Audi using the older style Yakima Y clips? These are older towers which
    are often available on Ebay at reasonable prices, I just do not know what will fit my car. Yakima no
    longer posts information for their older equipment.

    I have a 1984 Audi 5000

    thanks

    Tags:

  2. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    [email protected] (scott demel) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone have an older Audi using the older style Yakima Y clips? These are older towers which
    > are often available on Ebay at reasonable prices, I just do not know what will fit my car. Yakima
    > no longer posts information for their older equipment.
    >
    > I have a 1984 Audi 5000
    >
    > thanks

    Have you tried calling Yakima? I've spoken with them a couple times for various reasons and they're
    quite easy to reach and very helpful. Why not go straight to the source . . . I'm sure they still
    have documentation on older cars, even if they no longer publish the info on website, reseller
    booklets, etc.

    Also, try asking the guys in the audi world at www.audiworld.com. It's a great forum, and very
    active. I'm sure you'll find an answer there.

    -Patrick Audi+Yakima owner with a a couple bikes

  3. Terry Rudd

    Terry Rudd Guest

    Check out: http://www.bikepro.com/products/yakima_racks/qfits/audiq.html