Aussies @ Tour

Pas Souci

Jun 12, 2007
Just wondering how the Aussies will preform at the tour. Cadel Evans - can he get on the podium. Robbie McEwen - green again. Michael Rogers - how will he go as T-Mobile no.1. And the others - O'Grady, Davis ect.

Pas Souci said:
Just wondering how the Aussies will preform at the tour. Cadel Evans - can he get on the podium. Robbie McEwen - green again. Michael Rogers - how will he go as T-Mobile no.1. And the others - O'Grady, Davis ect.

You could ask Fuentes ?

whiteboytrash said:
You could ask Fuentes ?
I dont think cadel or robbie would have any nightmares on the doping front...not sure on the others. Cadel will ride clean again and fall away on the key stages like last year - finish 6th? Lets hope Horner can actually do his job this year....:rolleyes:

existence said:
I dont think cadel or robbie would have any nightmares on the doping front...not sure on the others. Cadel will ride clean again and fall away on the key stages like last year - finish 6th? Lets hope Horner can actually do his job this year....:rolleyes:
You mean, let's hope Horner gets his doping fixed this year?

existence said:
Cadel will ride clean again and fall away on the key stages like last year - finish 6th? Lets hope Horner can actually do his job this year....:rolleyes:
I think the only thing that will help Evans is if he can do HIS job this year. Switching teams to one that will give him full support might not be a bad idea. Another option is to target the Vuelta or Giro, where the competition is a notch below the Tour. If Menchov can win a GT then why not Evans? Speaking of Menchov, I think he will top Evans this year at the Tour.

Pas Souci said:
Does anyone actually believe Cadel can make the Tour podium?
Not with the current Astana line-up. They should do the 1-2-3 with Vino, Kloden and Kash. Valv (piti) will get fourth, leaving Cadel to battle Rogers, Levi and Heras for fifth spot.

Rolfrae said:
Not with the current Astana line-up. They should do the 1-2-3 with Vino, Kloden and Kash. Valv (piti) will get fourth, leaving Cadel to battle Rogers, Levi and Heras for fifth spot.
Actually, I think it will go like this:

1) Vino
2) Klodi
3) Kash
4) Eddy M.
7) Savoldelli

Spots for 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 are up for grabs.

Rolfrae said:
You really think Astana can pull off a 1-2-3. That will be the first time in tour history, right? I think any team going for yellow is better off supporting there strongest rider and how the other 8 go doesn't really matter. The question for Astana; who is there strongest rider?

Bro Deal said:
I think the only thing that will help Evans is if he can do HIS job this year. Switching teams to one that will give him full support might not be a bad idea. Another option is to target the Vuelta or Giro, where the competition is a notch below the Tour. If Menchov can win a GT then why not Evans? Speaking of Menchov, I think he will top Evans this year at the Tour.
Yeah ok +1. He just didnt have the juice to go with last year. I hope he gets a team for himself too.

I will take your money on Menchov though - no chance. ;)

You have to admit in terms of support Horner was a shocker in the Tour last year. A couple of times he got blown away in on the 1st or 2nd climb of the day. Not really good enough IMO.

Pas Souci said:
You really think Astana can pull off a 1-2-3. That will be the first time in tour history, right? I think any team going for yellow is better off supporting there strongest rider and how the other 8 go doesn't really matter. The question for Astana; who is there strongest rider?
I don't think that is their question. I think it is like US Postal - who is the boss? The boss of Astana is Vino and Kash wouldn't dare. Kloden might try and usurp the boss but I think Vino has a slight edge. Plus Vino is probably keeping the best preparation methods for himself. Mazzo and Savo will have water carrying duties and so won't podium.

Alright, how about this: Is it possible one the Astana boys could chase the KoM jersey?

Pas Souci said:
Alright, how about this: Is it possible one the Astana boys could chase the KoM jersey?
KOM will go to a non GC contender who gets into a couple of breaks, as it has done for the past decade or so. Rasmussen most likely.

So the peloton won't let Sav or Maz go. Make sense I guess. They can all TT, something Rasmussen struggles with, especially when a podium place is at stake.;)

Pas Souci said:
So the peloton won't let Sav or Maz go. Make sense I guess. They can all TT, something Rasmussen struggles with, especially when a podium place is at stake.;)
Ras just needs to join Astana. They'll fix his time trialing.