Aust source for Stronglight 130BCD track chainrings?

Bleve

Guest
I spent an afternoon punting around the Blackburn velodrone on the new
T1 with my 88" gear, but for training & racing, I'm going to need
different ratios of course ..

I can get Shimano dura-ace track sprockets easily enough (we're a
shimano dealer, of course ...) but am trying to find a source in Oz for
130 BCD track chainrings, the one that came with my T1 is a
Stronglight, which I'm told is a pretty good quality ring, but I've
been unable to find stronglight in Oz so far (brief bit of googling
....). I'll make my own track chainwhip.

Does anyone here know who distributes Stronglight in Oz?

Bleve said:
Does anyone here know who distributes Stronglight in Oz?

Sorry, can't help.. but I'm interested to know if you do find somewhere.. I have to convert my singlespeed over to chunky-track gearing and need a 130BCD 44t...

cheers,
GPL

Bleve wrote:

> Does anyone here know who distributes Stronglight in Oz?

dunno about stronglight track, but i got 2 9sp shimano compatible
stronglight chainrings from cecilwalker back in 04..perhaps they also
carry track specific rings?

gplama wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone here know who distributes Stronglight in Oz?

> Sorry, can't help.. but I'm interested to know if you do find
> somewhere.. I have to convert my singlespeed over to chunky-track
> gearing and need a 130BCD 44t...

A 44? What're you doing on kids gears? :)

gplama wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > A 44? What're you doing on kids gears? :)

> 39/15 atm.. a good ratio for my work route.

heh, fairy snuff. I'll let you know when I find a distributor - I can
get some from Trek, but not much of a range. I only really need a 48
and a 50 and a 52 (I'm a masher ...) but will see if I can grab a 44
too, just for the amiable quadraped.

"Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> gplama wrote:
> > Bleve Wrote:
> > >
> > > A 44? What're you doing on kids gears? :)

> > 39/15 atm.. a good ratio for my work route.

> heh, fairy snuff. I'll let you know when I find a distributor - I can
> get some from Trek, but not much of a range. I only really need a 48
> and a 50 and a 52 (I'm a masher ...) but will see if I can grab a 44
> too, just for the amiable quadraped.

Carl, Just emailed you. I am getting an order in from businesscycles.com
soon, you can piggyback onto the order if you want.... Anyone else
interested?
Gemm