Australia Day Frolics

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event for this Australia Day:

Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
http://www.pbsfm.org.au/Documents.a...ts:+Australia+Day+Music+and+Cycling+Festival+

Beer, bikes, hot weather....hmmmmm
http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt
Thursday: Fine. Min 19 Max 40

Think the residents of Beer Can Hill shall be partaking in this event, plus possibly hanging around a bunch of ner'do-wells from Shifter Bikes alongside the Yarra. http://shifterbikes.homestead.com

So, beat hyperthermia, stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluid and talk endless **** about bikes. Sounds like a plan, huh?

cfsmtb said:
The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event for this Australia Day:

Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
http://www.pbsfm.org.au/Documents.a...ts:+Australia+Day+Music+and+Cycling+Festival+

Beer, bikes, hot weather....hmmmmm
http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt
Thursday: Fine. Min 19 Max 40

Think the residents of Beer Can Hill shall be partaking in this event, plus possibly hanging around a bunch of ner'do-wells from Shifter Bikes alongside the Yarra. http://shifterbikes.homestead.com

So, beat hyperthermia, stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluid and talk endless **** about bikes. Sounds like a plan, huh?

I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there, which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all..
Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle relevance?

On 2006-01-23, coowoowoo (aka Bruce)

> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event
>> for this Australia Day:
>>
>> Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
>> http://tinyurl.com/9ohqv

Mmmmm. Leffe Brüne. I wonder what the costs of the BBQ etc are...

> I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where
> the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there,
> which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at
> all..
> Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle
> relevance?

It said "Cycling giveaways".

They're giving away a Luna :)

--
TimC
Warning: No foo present. Your life may be in grave danger.

TimC wrote:

> On 2006-01-23, coowoowoo (aka Bruce)
> >
> > cfsmtb Wrote:
> >> The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event
> >> for this Australia Day:
> >>
> >> Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
> >> http://tinyurl.com/9ohqv

> Mmmmm. Leffe Brüne. I wonder what the costs of the BBQ etc are...
>
> > I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where
> > the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there,
> > which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at
> > all..
> > Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle
> > relevance?

> It said "Cycling giveaways".
>
> They're giving away a Luna :)

I AM THERE!

Tam :D

coowoowoo said:
I heard about this and after a quick scan, i am failing to see where the "cycling" part comes into it...unless they mean, you cycle there, which would be no fun as 40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all..
Did anyone go to this last year and if so, what was the cycle relevance?

A quick read of the site reveals *free swag* to be given away. Or maybe it's a big talk session where we all kick back & chatter about bike p0rn & related bling. Or just a marketing ploy. What a novel & unique proposition...never heard of that before.. :D

As for "40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all", a fair bit of this activity was going on *after* the AAC. As F*st*rs says: Enjoy Responsibly! :)

coowoowoo said:
... bikes and beer do not mix at all..

Bikes and beer don't mix? Especially belgian beer? Damn I'm doing it all wrong then :) If it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't mind a jersey and knicks like this:

http://store.velogear.com/duloslje.html

Adam

SuzieB said:
Is it envisioned that this will be instead of or in addition to Goatage this week?

Hadn't thought that far ahead to, um, er, Friday evening. Personal choice if you wish. :)

cfsmtb said:
Hadn't thought that far ahead to, um, er, Friday evening. Personal choice if you wish. :)

Goat would be good. I like Goat. I like beer and I'm NOT ON CALL :)

Okay dokey, Euan and I shall be Goating it this Friday but most likely not in cycling clothes. Friday 27th Jan @ The Mountain Goat Brewery, Cnr North & Clark Streets, Richmond. We will be there from 6pm. Might see some of you. :D

cfsmtb said:
A quick read of the site reveals *free swag* to be given away. Or maybe it's a big talk session where we all kick back & chatter about bike p0rn & related bling. Or just a marketing ploy. What a novel & unique proposition...never heard of that before.. :D

As for "40 degrees, bikes and beer do not mix at all", a fair bit of this activity was going on *after* the AAC. As F*st*rs says: Enjoy Responsibly! :)

Okay... Firstly.. giving away a L'una....ooohhh...droooolllllll. I could do with a new "bianchi of love".

Secondly.. i like beer and bike, but just not on a 40 degree day.. I would be hammered on the smell of it.

Thirdly... anyone know when the free giveaways may be? Morning, afternoon, evening?

TimC said:
It said "Cycling giveaways".

They're giving away a Luna :)

--
TimC
Warning: No foo present. Your life may be in grave danger.

a Luna Tracky perchance! if so I'll buy all the raffle tickets!!
:D :D

Hmm.. Tam is an ex-boxer.. that's not good, is it????

On 2006-01-24, SuzieB (aka Bruce)

> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> The Melb Belgian Beer Cafe & PBS-FM have organised a interesting event
>> for this Australia Day:
>>
>> Australia Day Music and Cycling Festival:
>> http://tinyurl.com/9ohqv
>>
>> So, beat hyperthermia, stay in the shade, drink plenty of fluid and
>> talk endless **** about bikes. Sounds like a plan, huh?

> Is it envisioned that this will be instead of or in addition to Goatage
> this week?

I hope a substitute. I will barely be able to afford BBC alone (but
have been looking forward to going for a while, so must make it) :(

Oooh! I know! I could just not have a drink and go to both. But
going to a pub and not having a drink? Wouldn't that require as much
self control as having snakes in a container on the desk, and not
eating them? BWUHAHAHA!

--
TimC
pivot_root manpage: BUGS:

warrwych wrote:

> TimC Wrote:
> > It said "Cycling giveaways".
> >
> > They're giving away a Luna :)
> >
> > --
> > TimC
> > Warning: No foo present. Your life may be in grave danger.

> a Luna Tracky perchance! if so I'll buy all the raffle tickets!!
> :D :D
>
> Hmm.. Tam is an ex-boxer.. that's not good, is it????

Aside from that, I throw very good tantrums

*stamps foot*

*pouts*

*cries*

I WANT A L'UNA!

(Hasn't worked on Mummy so far unfortunately)

Tamyka Bell said:
> a Luna Tracky perchance! if so I'll buy all the raffle tickets!!
> :D :D
>
> Hmm.. Tam is an ex-boxer.. that's not good, is it????[/color]

Aside from that, I throw very good tantrums

*stamps foot*

*pouts*

*cries*

I WANT A L'UNA!

(Hasn't worked on Mummy so far unfortunately)

We can have a a.b tanty duel then! I am tanty queen! :D

cfsmtb said:
Can I be fight referee?

Only if i can be a substitute when one of them goes down. I warn you, i will fight to the death over the L'una.. i have that whole..whatever it takes.. mentality..

coowoowoo said:
Only if i can be a substitute when one of them goes down. I warn you, i will fight to the death over the L'una.. i have that whole..whatever it takes.. mentality..

Um, er, you're lucky I don't want a L'una.

I WANT a Merlin Cielo.

Now returning briefly to topic, the Aus Day Festival has a $5 cover charge. Thought some of you may want to know that.

On 2006-01-24, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> warrwych Wrote:
>> We can have a a.b tanty duel then! I am tanty queen! :D

> Can I be fight referee?

I'll fight ya for it!

--
TimC
We don't need no education

On 2006-01-24, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> coowoowoo Wrote:
>> Only if i can be a substitute when one of them goes down. I warn you, i
>> will fight to the death over the L'una.. i have that whole..whatever it
>> takes.. mentality..

> Um, er, you're lucky I don't want a L'una.
>
> I WANT a Merlin Cielo.
>
> Now returning briefly to topic, the Aus Day Festival has a $5 cover
> charge. Thought some of you may want to know that.

Some of us are indeed grateful for that information.

Ta.

--
TimC
New!: Sysadmin Barbie! Complete with tiny pager, Leatherman, selection of