Australian cycling clothing design/manufacturers

Bean Long

Guest
Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Bean Long said:
Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?
I have no personal experience with any of these, but:

Cannibal
http://www.cannibal.com.au/team.html

Rowbust
http://www.rowbust.com/

Netti
http://www.netti.com.au/teamwear/teamwear.htm
http://www.netti.com.au/custteam/custcont.html

Scody
http://www.scody.com.au/custom/index.htm
http://pelotongear.com/custom.php

Body Torque
http://www.bodytorque.com.au/index.php?location=customgear

Santini @ Bikesportz
http://www.bikesportz.com.au/products/santini/custom/semi/intro.html

Ventou
http://www.ventou.com.au/pages2/cycling.html

Uno
http://www.unoclothing.com/
http://www.cyclingsports.com.au/Club_Corp_Printing.htm

Gomo
http://www.gomosportswear.com.au/?p_id=909&cat=909

Giramondo
http://www.giramondo.com.au/

Bluefrog
http://www.bluefrog.net.au/cycling.htm

Rider Sportswear
http://www.ridersportswear.com.au/sportswear_cycling.php

2XU
http://www.2xu.com.au

Bean Long said:
Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?

No not directly - but I'll add my 2c + rant.

Whenever I've asked or been involved in custom kit there always seems to be long delays and politics involved. I guess the actual process is tricky with design, size, small runs costing lots of cash. Still.... as an ignorant consumer I'll exercise my right to *meeehhhh wave hands just fix it* :)

It hurts my brain just thinking about getting 'Team Lama' kit printed up... :(

roshea wrote:
> Bean Long Wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?I have no personal experience with any of these, but:

> Cannibal
> http://www.cannibal.com.au/team.html
>
> Rowbust
> http://www.rowbust.com/
>
> Netti
> http://www.netti.com.au/teamwear/teamwear.htm
> http://www.netti.com.au/custteam/custcont.html
>
> Scody
> http://www.scody.com.au/custom/index.htm
> http://pelotongear.com/custom.php
>
> Body Torque
> http://www.bodytorque.com.au/index.php?location=customgear
>
> Santini @ Bikesportz
> http://www.bikesportz.com.au/products/santini/custom/semi/intro.html
>
> Ventou
> http://www.ventou.com.au/pages2/cycling.html
>
> Uno
> http://www.unoclothing.com/
> http://www.cyclingsports.com.au/Club_Corp_Printing.htm
>
> Gomo
> http://www.gomosportswear.com.au/?p_id=909&cat=909
>
> Giramondo
> http://www.giramondo.com.au/
>
> Bluefrog
> http://www.bluefrog.net.au/cycling.htm
>
> Rider Sportswear
> http://www.ridersportswear.com.au/sportswear_cycling.php
>
> 2XU
> http://www.2xu.com.au
>

> --
> roshea

The peeps over at BV forums just got together a order of 40-odd sets
of Santini bib knicks through Bikesportz. Read about it here:
http://www.bv.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3869

With the "custom" design they managed to get the bib knicks for $125
each, versus retail price of $200 for the plain version. It took over
a month for a design to be agreed on and for Bikesports/Santini to
confirm. Still waiting to see the product though. Lead time is about 2
months!

I remember seeing a website for a local place that would do small run
cycling uniforms using dye-sublimation printing for a reasonable
price. Will see if if my google-fu is good enough to find it again.

roshea wrote:
> Bean Long Wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a designer/manufacturer who can make team uniforms?I have no personal experience with any of these, but:

> Cannibal
> http://www.cannibal.com.au/team.html...

Oooh! lots. Many thanks!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

I think ABOC get theirs from Rowbust, so Bleve may have some idea about lead times and numbers for that lot.

Santini - yeah, very slow turnaround from them and 8 weeks from approval of design to production date and I don't know how long it will take them to get the goods to us after that. That idea started out as a way to get the $200 nicks for $125, but they wouldn't let us without a design . . . .

On Apr 5, 2:10 pm, roshea <roshea.2oj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> I think ABOC get theirs from Rowbust, so Bleve may have some idea about
> lead times and numbers for that lot.

yep, I use Rowbust. Minimum order is 10 of a particular item - ie: 10
jerseys
or 10 knicks etc, *not* 5 jerseys & 5 knicks.

I've been very happy with their service, although. like anyone,
sometimes they make mistakes but when they do they're honest and easy
to work with to fix the problems. They used to be in Collingwood but
are now out in Williamstown.

Cost=- I think from memory it's $150 setup (once-off per type) and
then $90 for jerseys, $80 for standard knicks and $90 for B&B knicks.
All have a good 3D chamois (I've tested, works ... 2 x melbourne to
warnambool's in them .. they work). There's now a womens chamois that
they offer too, although I can't say I've tested it, the operation is
next week ...

The alert will notice that aboc kit is sold at cost :) I *should* give
it away, but don't make enough money to do that :)

I forgot to mention, about 4-6 weeks turnaround, sometimes I've had
stuff in 3 weeks. They have an inhouse designer (I'm not a big fan of
his work, but YMMV), or you can do your own (I did ... it's easy
enough once you get your head around illustrator), with an Adobe
Illustrator template. If you want a copy of mine, you can have it to
hack on. They have templates for windvests, armwarmers and a short
sleeve skinsuit - and soon (I'm working on it ...using my best powers
of persuasion) a long sleeve skinsuit I hope.

Bleve wrote:
> I forgot to mention, about 4-6 weeks turnaround, sometimes I've had
> stuff in 3 weeks. They have an inhouse designer (I'm not a big fan of
> his work, but YMMV), or you can do your own (I did ... it's easy
> enough once you get your head around illustrator), with an Adobe
> Illustrator template. If you want a copy of mine, you can have it to
> hack on. They have templates for windvests, armwarmers and a short
> sleeve skinsuit - and soon (I'm working on it ...using my best powers
> of persuasion) a long sleeve skinsuit I hope.

Thanks for the info Bleve. We'd love to play with a template if you're
happy for me to have a copy.

Cheers,
--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

On Apr 5, 2:51 pm, Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
> > I forgot to mention, about 4-6 weeks turnaround, sometimes I've had
> > stuff in 3 weeks. They have an inhouse designer (I'm not a big fan of
> > his work, but YMMV), or you can do your own (I did ... it's easy
> > enough once you get your head around illustrator), with an Adobe
> > Illustrator template. If you want a copy of mine, you can have it to
> > hack on. They have templates for windvests, armwarmers and a short
> > sleeve skinsuit - and soon (I'm working on it ...using my best powers
> > of persuasion) a long sleeve skinsuit I hope.

> Thanks for the info Bleve. We'd love to play with a template if you're
> happy for me to have a copy.

Send me an email offline.

[email protected]

roshea said:
I have no personal experience with any of these, but:

Cannibal
http://www.cannibal.com.au/team.html

I highly recommend that you stay away from Cannibal. their service is absolutely horrid and their gear is complete ****. The club I belong to went with them for their first round of kit and everyone that got a set hates it. The nicks wore out after less then 10 wears, and what they call bib nicks is a joke. I have had to restitch the zipper on the jersey twice and to add to the insult they used a white zipper on the front of the jersey which is black.

Ventou were of far higher quality and customer service.

jcjordan wrote:
> roshea Wrote:
>> I have no personal experience with any of these, but:
>>
>> Cannibal
>> http://www.cannibal.com.au/team.html
>>

> I highly recommend that you stay away from Cannibal. their service is
> absolutely horrid and their gear is complete ****. The club I belong
> to went with them for their first round of kit and everyone that got a
> set hates it. The nicks wore out after less then 10 wears, and what
> they call bib nicks is a joke. I have had to restitch the zipper on
> the jersey twice and to add to the insult they used a white zipper on
> the front of the jersey which is black.
>
> Ventou were of far higher quality and customer service.

Many thanks for this 'testimonial' :) You're the second person to tell
me this so Cannibal are definitely on the bottom of the list at the minute.

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

I like the BodyTorque bibknicks that we get for the club. Definitely comfortable however the sizing leaves a lot to be desired. I'm an L/XL in most things, however for the jersey and bibshorts I need to go Medium from BodyTorque. Problem there is that the jersey is now close to right, but it isn't terribly 'fitted' for a club race events. It can get a little flappy into a headwind which will disrupt your HR Monitor. Also at a Medium the neck is too small, and the elastic around the waist too tight.

But the bibshorts are very comfortable at a medium. I've also got a set of bibshorts in Large (not club, but from an IT Supplier) and while still comfortable in fit, the chamois is too large and gives me the rub. For what its worth, i'm 188cm and 80kg.

Haven't tried many of the others, but will be trying the Santini/Bikesportz knicks soon enough (sizing XL) as part of the BV custom bibshorts.

I got a cold call from some guys I used to race against (that's all I can remember!!!) who are doing custom runs of Santini.
They are based in Melbourne but it's not Bikesportz.
I never got their email but the prices were great....
I'm desperate to find them!

Cheers,
snozza