Australian Racing North-Eastern States, USA

msherwin

Jan 23, 2007
Hi,
My name is Matt Sherwin and I am a 21 year-old cyclist from Melbourne, Australia. I am travelling to the New York for 2 months from the 8th of June, basing myself in New Jersey. I am an U23 category 1/2 rider and will be competing in races throughout the north-eastern states and intend to also compete in Superweek and Tour de Toona, in the second half of July. Travelling on my own, my major concern is transportation to and from races, particularly as distances between races can be quite substantial.

Friends back home have advised me to just talk to as many people as possible in the hope that I will be able to meet people who are kind and willing enough to help out a lone Aussie, travelling halfway around the world to live his dream. I am just looking for anyone who is intending to compete in major races in the North-Eastern region, such as Rochester Crit, Crystal City Classic, Toona, (Superweek), Fitchburg, Tour of NY, Brooklyn, etc... who would be willing to help me out in terms of transportation, i.e. car pooling, or anyone who could provide me with information/contacts in relation to this.

Also, if anyone has information regarding training rides/routes throughout New Jersey, as well as the local racing scene throughout the state. I intend on racing club/regional events as well.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Kind regards,

Matt
:)

Hey Matt,

I know a chick based in Charlottesville (just out of Washington sort of) who rides and works with the Target Training team. She is a great chick and would definately hook you up with some contacts re: training and transport etc. She is definately the 'queen bee' of contacts. Happy to pass on your details.

Good luck over there - hope you smash 'em!
smile.gif

Hi,
thank you so much.
Yes, if you could pass on my details that would be most appreciated.
Perhaps you could send me her details, i.e. email address and send to my adress at [email protected]
Kind regards,
Matt
ps.are you from the states yourself, or oz?

msherwin said:
Hi,
thank you so much.
Yes, if you could pass on my details that would be most appreciated.
Perhaps you could send me her details, i.e. email address and send to my adress at [email protected]
Kind regards,
Matt
ps.are you from the states yourself, or oz?
No worries Matt, I will butter her up for you and then send you an email with her details. Good Luck! (FYI Im in Oz)