Authentic or fake Scott bikes

Gamtoos

Nov 1, 2009
Hi

Me and a friend have started MTB about two years ago <he rides a trek and i ride a scott scale 50 .
We are looking at getting new bikes.Yesterday he came to me with a site that you can purchase scott bikes from (stationarytrade.com).However thier prices are so low that it is weird to belive that the bikes are real .

I know this is a very big chance of being fake but i tried all the key search words and nothing has come up.

Has anyone got advise on this ??

thanks

gamtoos

Gamtoos said:
Me and a friend have started MTB about two years ago <he rides a trek and i ride a scott scale 50. We are looking at getting new bikes.Yesterday he came to me with a site that you can purchase scott bikes from (stationarytrade.com).However thier prices are so low that it is weird to belive that the bikes are real .

I know this is a very big chance of being fake but i tried all the key search words and nothing has come up.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it likely is.

Where is this company located?

alienator said:
If it sounds too good to be true, then it likely is.

Where is this company located?

Well it is located in Indonesia and some of the suppliers are Bali cycles.com etc.If you go on there sites they claim to be very big cycle shops but all still linked to stationerytrade.com

thanks for reply

Gamtoos said:
Well it is located in Indonesia and some of the suppliers are Bali cycles.com etc.If you go on there sites they claim to be very big cycle shops but all still linked to stationerytrade.com

thanks for reply

One of the biggest scams going are the "bicycle shops" located in Indonesia, Malaysia, and etc. It's not a real bike shop that you're looking at. You have to ask yourself how a bike shop could so deeply discount bikes when no one else can. I think it also strains the imagination to think that you'd find "big" bike shops in Indonesia, Malaysia, Bali........

What are their payment terms? Wired funds or Western Union?

alienator said:
One of the biggest scams going are the "bicycle shops" located in Indonesia, Malaysia, and etc. It's not a real bike shop that you're looking at. You have to ask yourself how a bike shop could so deeply discount bikes when no one else can. I think it also strains the imagination to think that you'd find "big" bike shops in Indonesia, Malaysia, Bali........

What are their payment terms? Wired funds or Western Union?

Thats right precisely as you explained,o well a person can hope and dream ,thank you for the info .

well, i'm no expert but it smells fishy! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif I wouldn't risk it and save for the real thing...

I live in Nepal and we get cheap Scott frames here from China....they don't even look anything like real scott bikes, cheap and not at nice to ride! Here scott frame costs less than 100 bucks....

It's a Fraud.
I sent part of payment front and never get contact again.
I found out people talking about fraud that use the some bank account # that this "nice lady" gave us! It was used for another kind of product sales fraud.

Also, I saw some many people on other blogs talking about fake Bicycle stores in Indonesia. Most are fake.

Linna used this blog page to show how good are they.

Take care friends. Just use safe way for payments and there is no easy and cheap things in the world.

I'm complaining this situation to interpol. Let see how long this people will be free.