Auto Express article

Simon Mason

Guest
In this week's Auto Express (I only buy it to see how much my car has lost in 4 years (12 000 quid
actually) ) there is a very useful article on how to claim for pothole damage from your local
council. The advice is from a professional compensation lawyer who certainly knows his stuff.
Obviously this advice is for car drivers, but I don't see why the same principles shouldn't apply to
bikes. Here it is.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/z20mph1.htm http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/z20mph2.htm
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/z20mph3.htm

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:42:31 -0000, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I only buy it to see how much my car has lost in 4 years (12 000 quid actually)

Ah - about twice as much as mine *cost* five years ago :) Admittedly that was second hand with
100,000 on the clock (i.e. nicely run-in).

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:49:33 -0000, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> No email address, so I'll have to send this via Usenet.
>
> I've just replaced the front pads on my 940 with a set of Textar pads from GSF car parts (was
> German & Swedish until they merged with Andyspares, the Citroën & Renault partmongers). I am
> astounded at the improvement! The Volvo estates always let you know they weigh a couple of tons
> when you brake - these pads knock at least a ton off that :)
>
> Guy
> ===
Funnily 'nuff, just replaced the front pads on the 740 with Halfords own make. The car came with a
few thou left on them, used that, down to metal. Also came with a spare halfords set. Unfortunately
the Halfords were for a different model, so took 'em to local halfords who agreed to swap 'em at no
cost, god bless'em. I think they were around 21quid, so wouldn't have been that expensive anyway.
Don't squeak no more and work fine. Breaking and steering are minimal effort exercises and you'd
never guess you were dealing with tons of machine. Here lies the real danger to cyclists, right ;-).
Cheers, Dave. [email protected]

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:43:08 +0100, Jeremy Parker <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"Cycle Aid", a firm of solicitors, gave me a nice water bottle at their stall at the bike show
> >this autumn in London. The bottle has a scale on the outside for measuring potholes. Now I can
> >measure a pothole to see whether it is deep enough to provide compensation, before I ride into
> >the pothole.
>
> ROFLMAO!
>
> Guy

ME2 Want 1!! Dave.