Avanti Aggressor frame - weight unknown..

Manu

Guest
Hello everybody, I'm just about to buy an Avanti Aggressor frame.
Since it's pretty rare brand here in Poland, I can hardly find an
information about it. I'm looking for actual weight of this frame.
Does anybody of you has an idea how mang kg does it weight?

Thanks in advance!

--
Manu

Manu wrote:
> Hello everybody, I'm just about to buy an Avanti Aggressor frame.
> Since it's pretty rare brand here in Poland, I can hardly find an
> information about it. I'm looking for actual weight of this frame.
> Does anybody of you has an idea how mang kg does it weight?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Manu

I have an Aggressor, can't tell you the weight but it's middle of the range - my
duallie weighs in at about the same weight as the Aggressor. Really, I don't
think frame weight is of any real significance at all - buy a super light frame
& it's all for nothing if you have a big meal before you ride it, after all!

--
Karen

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.'
Catherine Aird

Manu said:
Hello everybody, I'm just about to buy an Avanti Aggressor frame.
Since it's pretty rare brand here in Poland, I can hardly find an
information about it. I'm looking for actual weight of this frame.
Does anybody of you has an idea how mang kg does it weight?

Thanks in advance!

--
Manu
Avanti Aggressor 2003 43 cm (L) 1905 g

Pretty heavy for a aluminium hardtail really. Mid-top level frames are normally in the 1.4-1.6kg range.

Source: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings/components.php?type=hardtailframes

On 16 Lip, 13:53, SomeGuy <SomeGuy.2tt...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Manu Wrote:> Hello everybody, I'm just about to buy an Avanti Aggressor frame.
> > Since it's pretty rare brand here in Poland, I can hardly find an
> > information about it. I'm looking for actual weight of this frame.
> > Does anybody of you has an idea how mang kg does it weight?

> > Thanks in advance!

> > --
> > Manu

> Avanti Aggressor 2003 43 cm (L) 1905 g
>
> Pretty heavy for a aluminium hardtail really. Mid-top level frames are
> normally in the 1.4-1.6kg range.
>
> Source:http://tinyurl.com/25c7t3
>
> --
> SomeGuy

Thanks for it! It's quite a weight really! I was expecting anything
between 1,4 - 1,6kg - that's what you told. I'll try it anyway ;)

Manu said:
On 16 Lip, 13:53, SomeGuy <SomeGuy.2tt...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Manu Wrote:> Hello everybody, I'm just about to buy an Avanti Aggressor frame.
> > Since it's pretty rare brand here in Poland, I can hardly find an
> > information about it. I'm looking for actual weight of this frame.
> > Does anybody of you has an idea how mang kg does it weight?

> > Thanks in advance!

> > --
> > Manu

> Avanti Aggressor 2003 43 cm (L) 1905 g
>
> Pretty heavy for a aluminium hardtail really. Mid-top level frames are
> normally in the 1.4-1.6kg range.
>
> Source:http://tinyurl.com/25c7t3
>
> --
> SomeGuy

Thanks for it! It's quite a weight really! I was expecting anything
between 1,4 - 1,6kg - that's what you told. I'll try it anyway ;)
That weight is for a model built 4 years ago - I'd seriously doubt current (2007) frames are that heavy, it's sold as a lightweight bike (http://www.avantibikes.com/pro-mtb/aggressor.aspx?bid=33)

Karen

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:42:13 +1000, Duracell Bunny wrote:

> I have an Aggressor, can't tell you the weight but it's middle of the range - my
> duallie weighs in at about the same weight as the Aggressor. Really, I don't
> think frame weight is of any real significance at all - buy a super light frame
> & it's all for nothing if you have a big meal before you ride it, after all!

Buy a really light one, and you can't afford any more big meals.

On Jul 16, 10:07 pm, Manu <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 16 Lip, 13:53, SomeGuy <SomeGuy.2tt...@no-
>

> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > Manu Wrote:> Hello everybody, I'm just about to buy an Avanti Aggressor frame.
> > > Since it's pretty rare brand here in Poland, I can hardly find an
> > > information about it. I'm looking for actual weight of this frame.
> > > Does anybody of you has an idea how mang kg does it weight?

> > > Thanks in advance!

> > > --
> > > Manu

> > Avanti Aggressor 2003 43 cm (L) 1905 g

> > Pretty heavy for a aluminium hardtail really. Mid-top level frames are
> > normally in the 1.4-1.6kg range.

> > Source:http://tinyurl.com/25c7t3

> > --
> > SomeGuy

> Thanks for it! It's quite a weight really! I was expecting anything
> between 1,4 - 1,6kg - that's what you told. I'll try it anyway ;)

Frame weight is a minor part of the overall weight of the bike. 400
grams isn't a full biddon's worth, and your forks will make a much
bigger difference (sprung vs unsprung weight), and wheels etc ...

Bleve said:
On Jul 16, 10:07 pm, Manu <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 16 Lip, 13:53, SomeGuy <SomeGuy.2tt...@no-
>

> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > Manu Wrote:> Hello everybody, I'm just about to buy an Avanti Aggressor frame.
> > > Since it's pretty rare brand here in Poland, I can hardly find an
> > > information about it. I'm looking for actual weight of this frame.
> > > Does anybody of you has an idea how mang kg does it weight?

> > > Thanks in advance!

> > > --
> > > Manu

> > Avanti Aggressor 2003 43 cm (L) 1905 g

> > Pretty heavy for a aluminium hardtail really. Mid-top level frames are
> > normally in the 1.4-1.6kg range.

> > Source:http://tinyurl.com/25c7t3

> > --
> > SomeGuy

> Thanks for it! It's quite a weight really! I was expecting anything
> between 1,4 - 1,6kg - that's what you told. I'll try it anyway ;)

Frame weight is a minor part of the overall weight of the bike. 400
grams isn't a full biddon's worth, and your forks will make a much
bigger difference (sprung vs unsprung weight), and wheels etc ...
[/quote]Frame weight is a minor part of the overall weight of the bike. 400
grams isn't a full biddon's worth, and your forks will make a much
bigger difference (sprung vs unsprung weight), and wheels etc ...[/quote]

Actually I'd rate it is one of the big three (Wheels fork and frame, in that order).

That weight is for a model built 4 years ago - I'd seriously doubt current (2007) frames are that heavy

Has the designed changed much in the interim though? Manu didn't make it clear whether they were buying new or second hand either.