General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Avenir/Raleigh Deluxe Stroller - Advice Needed

Started by Oanh Nguyen · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,223 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 March 2004
Last activity
22 March 2004
Original author
Oanh Nguyen
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,223
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've read most of the literature regarding jogging strollers
    including the posted FAQ. I'm aware that the Baby Jogger
    brand is the standard bearer, and a variety of other brands
    rate highly as well.

    However, I have the opportunity to buy a new Avenir/Raleigh
    deluxe stroller for $100, but cannot find any reviews on
    this product. Has anyone purchased or used this stroller?
    Since Raleigh is a bicycle maker, I'm thinking the
    construction cannot be that bad. Or is this one of those
    "you get what you paid for" situations? The price just seems
    unreasonably low.

    At this price, I'm willing to give up quality vis-a-vis the
    Baby Jogger, but only if I get a jogger reasonably
    sufficient to handle the tasks.

    FYI, I am a 32 yr old who runs anywhere between 12 and 30
    miles a week. I run sub 7s on my easy runs (does pace matter
    for a stroller?) on paved streets. I would start out running
    with my 1 year old 2-3 times a week between 15-40 minutes
    each . If it works out, I would love to run with him 5 times
    a week and up my mileage (he's one of the reason's I can't
    put in more miles!).

    Is the Avenir up to the task?

    Greatly appreciate your advice.

    Thanh

  2. Than, Are you the chic I "nailed" in Nam? If so, sorry about
    that gun butt to the head, but my superior officers expect
    it of us. And that thing with your mom, dad, brothers,
    uncles, etc etc, was his orders too, but I did kinda start
    enjoying it after shooting the first three, so it wasn't too
    bad (for me ha ha ha). So, how about another date? Meee
    soooo hornkneee? We'll leave the mule home this time.

    "Oanh Nguyen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I've read most of the literature regarding jogging
    strollers including the posted FAQ. I'm aware that the
    Baby Jogger brand is the standard bearer, and a variety of
    other brands rate highly as well.

    However, I have the opportunity to buy a new
    Avenir/Raleigh deluxe stroller for $100, but cannot find
    any reviews on this product. Has anyone purchased or used
    this stroller? Since Raleigh is a bicycle maker, I'm
    thinking the construction cannot be that bad. Or is this
    one of those "you get what you paid for" situations? The
    price just seems unreasonably low.

    At this price, I'm willing to give up quality vis-a-vis
    the Baby Jogger, but only if I get a jogger reasonably
    sufficient to handle the tasks.

    FYI, I am a 32 yr old who runs anywhere between 12 and 30
    miles a week. I run sub 7s on my easy runs (does pace
    matter for a stroller?) on paved streets. I would start
    out running with my 1 year old 2-3 times a week between
    15-40 minutes each . If it works out, I would love to run
    with him 5 times a week and up my mileage (he's one of the
    reason's I can't put in more miles!).

    Is the Avenir up to the task?

    Greatly appreciate your advice.

    Thanh

  3. Is this it?

    ageebike.comAvenirStro.htm

    Larger image:

    ageebike.comAvenir20.jpg

    They are selling it new for $114.99 -- not much more than
    $100.00. Perhaps they can answer your questions?

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    TopCounsel said:

    Is this it?

    ageebike.comAvenirStro.htm

    Larger image:

    ageebike.comAvenir20.jpg

    They are selling it new for $114.99 -- not much more than
    $100.00. Perhaps they can answer your questions?

    This looks like the Bell stroller sold at Costco. The 2004
    model has suspension on rear wheels and padded seat area,
    16in quick release wheels, light alloy construction (16lbs),
    front tonneau cover, underseat and behind seat storage,
    front brake and rear park brake, easy portability, for
    approx $120.

    --mikeb

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.