Road Cycling · Public discussion

Avenir still in business?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 486 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
15 June 2005
Last activity
15 June 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
486
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have some products that are branded as Avenir, but I cannot find a
    webpage for avenir anymore. Do they still exist? Or have they been
    bought out, or have they liquidated?

    Later,
    Nelson Chen

    __o Same road Boycott Wal-Mart, union-buster.
    _`\<,_ Same rights
    (_)/ (_) Same rules

  2. Quoted message said:

    I have some products that are branded as Avenir, but I cannot find a
    webpage for avenir anymore. Do they still exist? Or have they been
    bought out, or have they liquidated?

    Later,
    Nelson Chen

    Avenir is a label owned by Raleigh. Seems like they've been phasing it out
    over the years, but I don't think it's entirely extinct yet. Raleigh also
    owns the CyclePro & Diamondback names as well.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

  3. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have some products that are branded as Avenir, but I cannot find a
    webpage for avenir anymore. Do they still exist? Or have they been
    bought out, or have they liquidated?

    Later,
    Nelson Chen

    __o Same road Boycott Wal-Mart, union-buster.
    _`\<,_ Same rights
    (_)/ (_) Same rules


    Well I bought an "Avenir" saddle a few months ago from the lbs, actually it
    was a new used saddle, that came off a new bike they sold where the customer
    wanted an upgrade. Anyway I was told it was a standard saddle on a Trek.

    Ken

  4. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have some products that are branded as Avenir, but I cannot find a
    webpage for avenir anymore. Do they still exist? Or have they been
    bought out, or have they liquidated?

    No idea if you're talking about the seats or bicycles.
    They may or may not be related but I can tell you this:

    Avenir folding bicycles are *made by Dahon.* They're a "re-branded" line for
    the Canadian market and sold through either Raleigh or Diamondback dealers
    here in Canuck land.

    http://www.bayviewcycle.com/NewFiles/bike_specs/003/FOLDING/Avenir_Alloy.html
    http://www.bayviewcycle.com/NewFiles/bike_specs/003/FOLDING/Avenir_Steel.html

    Hope this helps. You won't find a lot of info on them - read "none" except
    for the above links. The alloy model is a 2004 Impulse D6 with a different
    sticker. (it rides nice)

    C.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.